cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet down

Kandeepan
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, 

The internet connection is time to time getting down for the last two days. The connection also has frequently been lost. 

Please solve it. 

Best regards

Kande

16 REPLIES 16

@Kandeepan 

Your data and wifi should automatically switch to/from wifi data vice versa based on your wifi strength if your settings are set correctly on your phone.

When it switches from wifi to data, your phone will indicate “LTE”.
If it indicates “No Connection”, please contact the moderator on SIMon chat bubble.

@Kandeepan 

Which model phone do you have?  

Maybe force your phone to the 3G setting to see whether data works better.  (previously mentioned)

@Kandeepan ,

It is odd there are two devices involved if this is not a network issue.

You could check with the Moderators on both accounts by submitting a ticket to see if they can reset something.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

Kandeepan

Hi, 

My connection setting is perfect. 

I found frequent disconnection. Just 5 minutes before, I got the connection. Again went off. 

Thanks 

Kandeepan

Hi, I have enough data. 

@Kandeepan 

As mentioned previously, do you see the Data tracker/counter in your self service account under Data and Add on section in overview page?  If you don't see the tracker, then you ran out of minutes for this 30 day cycle.  

Kandeepan

Hi, 

Thank you for your relpy. 

It is data, not Wi-Fi. 

Thanks. 

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kandeepan 

To be sure, check with people in close proximity to you who may also be with Public Mobile.  Are they also having data issues?  Let's be clear that we're talking DATA here (supplied by Public Mobile & other mobile companies) and not Wi-Fi (supplied by a separate internet service provider).

Sign into the self-serve on each account and look here to make certain there is a line which shows Data allowance used/remaining  (if not there, you're data is used for this cycle):

Spudster_0-1616942858197.png

Try this troubleshooting process:

1. Toggle airplane mode off.
  2. Power OFF your device, wait 1 minute, turn on and check for signal bars.
  3. Check on account self-serve that your account status is "Active".
  4. Make sure you’re in a covered area and there are no cellular outages.
  5. Change Wi-Fi calling preferences to Cellular Preferred or Cellular Only.
  6. Set network mode to Auto.
  7. Reset network settings.
  8. Update device software to latest version.
  9. Perform a manual network selection.
  10. Check that SIM card number matches the SIM card number in your phone.  This requires Moderator assistance to confirm SIM# registered to account.

@Kandeepan wrote:

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. 

We have two connections from public mobile. Both internet connections are not working. 

I presume it is not related to the phone or SIM. This might be related to outrage or dropping speed.  

I tried all the methods. Our internet connections are still not working. 

@Kandeepan - just to clarify, if this is a WIFI issue this would have something to do with your Wireless provider's device/modem/router/ etc.

But if this is data issue, to rule out your WIFI turn off your WIFI setting on your device and enable Data, then test it.

Look under your Connections, Mobile Networks and test the best setting that give you the best connection:

esjliv_0-1613253716040.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kandeepan : Dare I say the obvious...you've turned on mobile data? Did you check your self-serve for whether you've used up all your data even on both accounts? Did the data work fine before this problem? Did you just renew? All your other services are working?

Kandeepan

Hi,

We have two connections from public mobile. Both internet connections are not working. 

I presume it is not related to the phone or SIM. This might be related to outrage or dropping speed.  

Kandeepan

Hi, 

Thanks 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Kandeepan wrote:

Hi, 

The internet connection is time to time getting down for the last two days. The connection also has frequently been lost. 

Please solve it. 

Best regards

Kande

@Kandeepan  Are you in a area of a weak connection, perhaps?

You may just need to be reconnected to the Public Mobile network.

Try one or more of the below:

*turn off your phone, leave off for a minutes, then reboot

*removing your SIM for a few minutes, then reinserting it

*go into airplane mode for a few minutes, then going back to regular mode

*reset network settings

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Kandeepan 

Sorry to hear about your troubles. Does talk and text work fine?

Maybe check if there is an outage in your area:

https://www.telus.com/en/on/outages

You could also try rebooting your phone.  Network reset of phone.  

You could also try your SIM card in another working phone. This helps determine whether hardware/phone issue versus Public mobile problem.  

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Kandeepan 

Check the TELUS outage map:

TELUS Service Status

I presume you mean Data, and not Wi-Fi internet, which is not based on Public Mobile's services but on your home/area service.

You could also try resetting your device's network connections, or removing/replacing SIM card in device.

Need Help? Let's chat.