elhota1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I signed up for the $10/month plan.  The plan includes:

$10 30-days

• 50 MINUTES Canada-wide Talk
  • UNLIMITED Incoming Text
  • 50 TEXTS Outgoing International Text
  • VOICEMAIL⁹ & Call Display

I tried texting someone in Toronto, ON from Bellingham, Washington and got the following message:

Your plan does not include US roaming text messaging.  To update your plan to include US Roaming texting visit Publicmobile.ca...

Does not "Outgoing International Text" include this?

5 REPLIES 5

bishamon
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@elhota1 wrote:

$10 30-days

I tried texting someone in Toronto, ON from Bellingham, Washington and got the following message:

Your plan does not include US roaming text messaging.  To update your plan to include US Roaming texting visit Publicmobile.ca...

Hi,

Everything described in the plan you subscribed to in in effect when you are inside the Public Mobile network.  The moment you are outside the network, there will be message telling you don't have the service plan or you require additional charges.  This is generally how things work when you buy a Nation Wide / Province Wide plan.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@elhota1 you have to be within the network in order to make long distance texts.  In your case you're in the USA, which will be on a different network (such as Verizon or AT&T).  So that means you're roaming on another companies network.  So you'll need to add a roaming feature.  The international texts only means you can text around the world as long as you're on your proper network (i.e. Public Mobile or Telus network).

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@elhota1 wrote:

$10 30-days

No, it doesn't include. When you send international text message to another country, you must be in Canada even if your plan including international text.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
Here's a menu of options for use whilst in USA... US Roaming6

For 10 Days

U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle

Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.

$20
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle

Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.

$15
U.S. Talk Only

Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Text Only

Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.

$8
U.S. Data Only

250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

From $10

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Your plan only works whilst you're IN CANADA. You'd need a US Roaming Add-on for use in USA.

Need Help? Let's chat.