cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International text messages To Libya (+218)

Alahousat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I have an unlimited international text messaging plan. I was trying to sent text to Libya but I couldn’t.

My iPhone 6 plus makes the send sound but when i ask the receiver he is saying nothing received.  I tried to alter the key from (+218) to (011218)  but no difference.

Additionally, I am new to the Community. I have just activated my Public Mobile phone number. So, my account is not fully provisioned yet. Also, i have ported my phone number from Kood Mobile. 

So, how can provision my public account?

Any help?

8 REPLIES 8

@esjliv

@gblackma 

Porting doesn"t change things for outgoing texts. They work right away.

@Alahousat wrote:

I am new to the Community. I have just activated a Public Mobile phone number. So, my account is not fully provisioned yet. Especially because i have ported my phone number.

so, how can provision my public account?

Hi @Alahousat ,

Did you port from a landline or from another cell phone provider?

"For landline to mobile, it typically takes up to 2 business days. You might also experience a disruption in service while it’s being transferred, including disruptions to 9-1-1 services."

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/phone/mobile/num.htm

@Alahousat if you didn't port your number it should already be working properly.  Try to sync to iTunes
1. Insert new working SIM - do not turn phone on (if SIM is already in, turn off)
2. Connect to computer with USB cable.
3. Start iTunes if it doesn't auto run
4. iPhone will switch on. Wait until iTunes registers it and checks for updates
5. Install the carrier profile update (if offered, if not, go to step 6)
6. Disconnect and restart. From @luddite.

If this fails try a network reset and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so. 

Reset your Network Settings. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords.

Alahousat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am new to the Community. I have just activated a Public Mobile phone number. So, my account is not fully provisioned yet. Especially because i have ported my phone number.

so, how can provision my public account?

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alahousat wrote:

Hi,

I have an unlimited international text messaging plan. I was trying to sent text to Libya but I couldn’t.

My iPhone 6 plus makes the send sound but when i ask the receiver he is saying nothing received.  I tried to alter the key from (+218) to (011218)  but no difference.

Any help?

@Alahousat  When sending hold down the send and choose to send it as SMS if you are using iMessage.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Alahousat seems that you are entering the correct code. are you able to receive texts from the same number in Libya? please make sure the person in Libya has a plan that accepts international text messages

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Alahousat wrote:

Hi,

Any help?

Hi @Alahousat ,

I see you are new to the Community. Did you just activate a Public Mobile phone number? If so, maybe your account is not fully provisioned yet. Especially if you ported a phone number.

If you have been a Public Mobile customer already and your other services are working, see @gblackma message.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Alahousat enable sms and mms and send it as a text message.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.