cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International roaming and temporarily disconnect the service

khanhph
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello All,

I am travelling to Asia and would like to know whether or not the international roaming service for Public Mobile user works in Asia? If it not, can I temporarily disconnect the service for two months because I will be away from Canada for two months? Hopefully moderator can address my questions, before I was with Fido and the international roaming service works just find in Asia.

Thank you for reading.

Cheers,

Kevin

8 REPLIES 8

Sharry19
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@khanhph PM doesn't offer roaming in Asia.

If you are going away then you need to do these two things:

First of all turn off your autopay so that in any case it wouldn't deduct the money from your visa card

Second thing you should click on lost/stolen phone, this feature will temporary suspend your services for 90 days

When you will come back to Canada, first click back on found the phone and then recharge with monthy pack according to your need.

I hope this will be helpful to you.

*** Please note: I am not a Moderator ***

@missorange wrote:

just wondering if I turn off autopay, the service will be suspended. when I want the service back, I just turn on autopsy and make one time payment, the service will be back ? or I need to reboot phone etc?

@khanhph As mentioned turning off autopay is your best solution unless you have more funds then your plan costs then use the lost/stolen function. On return technically you should be able to select your phone as found, top up or reactivate autopay if needed and the plan should renew and service should start working. 

However do not be alarmed if this does not all happen as it should and if there are problems reactivating do not hesitate to come back here and we will help you sort it out.

If either response to your particular request leads to the resolution of your issue , please help other community members by marking that post as the solution. Thank You

@missorange wrote:

just wondering if I turn off autopay, the service will be suspended. when I want the service back, I just turn on autopsy and make one time payment, the service will be back ? or I need to reboot phone etc?

When you return from Asia, you just fund your account and you're good to go...as long as the suspension is less than 90 days.If you're in suspension for longer than 90 days, you're account is closed and you'll have to get a new sim and start all over again. Safe travels.

it should work after payment is paid, if not restart your phone after payment.

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
PM only offers addons for the US, but in Asia getting a temporary number would be cheaper than what companies here would charge you anyways. You can stop paying on your account for 90 after your last service day before your account is removed, so 2 months will be fine. But it will try to use any funds in your account automatically to renew your service, and if you have auto-pay set up you should remove your credit card number from your account so it doesn't try to charge you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@khanhph

Public Mobile only offers roaming in the US.

If you turn off autopay and have Available Funds of less than your plan cost then your plan will just go into suspension at the end of the paid term. In two months you can pay up and it'll renew.

If you have more in Available Funds then you can use the lost/stolen feature to put the service into suspension and it won't use your Available Funds to renew.

Murco
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Public Mobile only offers US roaming.

Need Help? Let's chat.