cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International picture txting

Mims
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • I'm on the $25 plan.  Why can't I send pics to Australia and NZ? I turn my data on to do it but to no avail 😞 Do I need to get a different plan? 
10 REPLIES 10

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Mims 

If your phone is an iPhone, check to see if MMS is enabled by going into Settings>iMessage>enable MMS Messaging.
Also check if Send as SMS is enabled too.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mims 

Without wifi (turn it off), do other apps utilize Data okay?

Another thing you could try - put your Public Mobile SIM card into another phone.  Do your MMS messages get to your international recipient?

Mims

Ok will try.

Mims

Oh, not sure.

APN settings are correct.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Mims 

Just to double check, the message they receive are SMS text messages (and not iMessage or other app Data text messages), correct?

Have you double checked your APN settings?  They should be:

Name: Public Mobile
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: Leave blank

@Mims wrote:

Yes.  They get my sms but no pics.

For troubleshooting purposses, I would suggest sending an MMS to yourself. This will eliminate any APN setting configuration issues and could give some clues if there is something going on when you're trying to send an MMS to someone using a different carrier.

Mims

Only tried Aust. And NZ.  Codes are in correctly because they receive my sms but do not receive my pics.

Mims

Yes.  They get my sms but no pics.

@Mims wrote:
  • I'm on the $25 plan.  Why can't I send pics to Australia and NZ? I turn my data on to do it but to no avail 😞 Do I need to get a different plan? 

No, you don't need a different plan.  MMS to both places are included with your plan.

Do MMS messages successfully send to other people in other countries? If so, this is likely an issue of the number needing to be typed in differently.

Numbers should be entered starting with +61 and and New Zealand starting with +64 (don't bother with the 011 stuff).

There is also a possibility of an intercarrier MMS issue.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Mims  how to you dial the number ?

did you try "+" and country code ? 

Need Help? Let's chat.