cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call to Jamaica

Tnels04
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I paid $15 for 400min LD add-on and just tested it but an automated message said "Hi, Public Mobile here. Talk is not included in your current plan. If you'd like this service you can easily change your plan at selfserve.publicmobile.ca and start talking." Which is, very technically speaking, not correct since I do have talk included in my plan. Why isn't it working?

29 REPLIES 29

sandpublic
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

If you read the sentence immediately above the nice box you'll see that it mentions Canada and US. Otherwise, there have been no additions to this list since then.

Greece

I must be hallucinating again. I'm pretty sure I see Greece in that table. And the add-on list.

No, I'm the one that is hallucinating.My bad I missed it. I apologized for the confusion getting late I will edit my post. Thanks!

It's always been thought of as 18 countries. It's called international so technically the US is international. So that really makes it 19. And then if you only have province-wide or limited minutes then it can cover Canada as well. But that's not international. It's just included.

So that would be about the one thing you could call out srlawren for. 🙂

But he didn't need anybody to stand up for him. He's been here a while. 🙂

Edit: Back to another part of your post 🙂 ... yes the list is in the add-on info...but not in the text above the selections in the purchasing part.

Ok that makes sense now

..Just trying to learn.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

If you read the sentence immediately above the nice box you'll see that it mentions Canada and US. Otherwise, there have been no additions to this list since then.

Greece

I must be hallucinating again. I'm pretty sure I see Greece in that table. And the add-on list.

No, I'm the one that is hallucinating.My bad I missed it. I apologized for the confusion getting late I will edit my post. Thanks!

It's always been thought of as 18 countries. It's called international so technically the US is international. So that really makes it 19. And then if you only have province-wide or limited minutes then it can cover Canada as well. But that's not international. It's just included.

So that would be about the one thing you could call out srlawren for. 🙂

But he didn't need anybody to stand up for him. He's been here a while. 🙂

Edit: Back to another part of your post 🙂 ... yes the list is in the add-on info...but not in the text above the selections in the purchasing part.

sandpublic

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

👍

sandpublic

@hairbag1 wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

Greece is not on the list anymore.

400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

👍

sandpublic

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

Greece

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

400 International Long Distance minutes

Included countries: Canada, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandpublic wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

Greece

sandpublic

@Anonymous wrote:

@sandpublic 

Edit: I was wrong in fact Greece is on the list 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@sandpublic 

sandpublic

@srlawren wrote:

@sandpublic wrote:

What is your current plan? For the add-on to work your current plan must include talk. If it does then login to your account and make sure the plan that is showing is correct.

@sandpublic FYI: while it's also true that you need talk in your plan, whenever you see a specific country mentioned, the most likely explanation (unless you know it's one of the included countries already) is that it's not one of the 18 countries included in the 400 min add on.  You can always bookmark the list and check it if you're not sure:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m...

@srlawren Upon further investigation it appears that Canada and the United States are also included as part of the International countries.

International countries include: Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, United States, and Venezuela.

Not sure why the original poster missed it when ordering since this information is included under the international add-on page on PMs public site.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@sandpublic wrote:

What is your current plan? For the add-on to work your current plan must include talk. If it does then login to your account and make sure the plan that is showing is correct.

@sandpublic FYI: while it's also true that you need talk in your plan, whenever you see a specific country mentioned, the most likely explanation (unless you know it's one of the included countries already) is that it's not one of the 18 countries included in the 400 min add on.  You can always bookmark the list and check it if you're not sure:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m...

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Tnels04

Oh WOW! Not good. Thanks the responses greatly appreciated.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tnels04 wrote:

What happened this week?

What have been called Legacy customers have had a really bad week with outages and suspensions through no fault of their own. These are customers that have been here since before 2015.

Tnels04

What happened this week?

Tnels04

Hi there,

Is there a way to suggest it to PM that they should mention it on the page that international calls are for certain countries?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tnels04 wrote:

Is there a way to suggest it to PM that they should mention it on the page that international calls are for certain countries.

Sure. @Alan_K , @CS_Agent. But niceties move at a glacial pace around here. They jump when something really bad happens like this week. But for little corrections/clarifications/fixes...not so much.

They just need to add the blurb on that purchasing page. Easy. We'll see. Of course who reads that stuff but at least it can be said...read that stuff.

Tnels04

Is there a way to suggest it to PM that they should mention it on the page that international calls are for certain countries.

Tnels04

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tnels04 wrote:

I wish PM would've stated that prior to purchase.

You're right. They should. I thought it might've been in the add-on purchasing screen but it's not. You have to dig around some to find it but if, like you, you just go about buying it then there's no mention.

Tnels04

Thanks 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Tnels04 wrote:

I'm willing to accept credit, How do I go about getting credit?

send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.

no guarantee, but they are pretty cool about stuff, they want to keep their customers happy

Tnels04

I'm willing to accept credit, How do I go about getting credit?

Dunkgirl

@Tnels04 wrote:

@Tnels04  send a private message to the public mobile moderator team. Click this to message them.tell them you didnt know you want a refund / credit

Tnels04

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tnels04 wrote:

What can I do about getting a refund?

The moderators *might* be willing to give you credit on your account but refunds are pretty rare around here.

Tnels04

What can I do about getting a refund?

Dunkgirl

@Tnels04  No jamacia

China, Italy, Puerto Rico, France, South Korea, Singapore, HK, Germany, Spain, Malaysia, Greece, Mexico, Thailand, Poland, UK, India, Portugal, Venezuela

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Tnels04 wrote:

I paid $15 for 400min LD add-on and just tested it but an automated message said "Hi, Public Mobile here. Talk is not included in your current plan. If you'd like this service you can easily change your plan at selfserve.publicmobile.ca and start talking." Which is, very technically speaking, not correct since I do have talk included in my plan. Why isn't it working?

Jamaica is not a part of the international long distance add-on.

sandpublic

@Tnels04 wrote:

If it's not then please send a message to the @CS_Agent by clicking on the following link:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

The link sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Need Help? Let's chat.