cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International call blocked

MT13
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the free international calls add on promotion but when I try and call the UK it says the number is blocked. I have turned my phone off and on again but still no different.

13 REPLIES 13

philstreet

My dads cell  number has the same message as you. I was told certain codes are blocked but these dont apply to his number. I also have the uk add on. My brothers number in the uk works fine. No help so far.

@charlesbristow 

I have heard nothing about new ranges of numbers being blocked etc. I find the best way to contact moderators is to use the private messaging here (envelope icon up near the top right) and send a message to “Moderator_Team”. Then watch the envelope for a bubble to appear indicating a response.

Meanwhile, make certain nothing has changed with how you dial the call. Using call display on your phone if your mom called you last likely wont work as it wont have the correct access codes in front. No 1 at the beginning but rather 011. Also check your Self Serve account to be sure the International Calling plan is still there with minutes. Yes the free plan from PM last Christmas and the previous Christmas include the UK. That should be good for England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland but not the other “Ireland”.

AE_Collector

charlesbristow
I have the same problem.....the message says that my call is "in a number range that has been blocked due to security reasons"........the number is that of my mother who is 105 and I have never had a problem calling her before. I have plenty of LD minutes and UK LD minutes so please tell me what the solution is as I have found no way of talking to an actual human being at Public Mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous : The list of countries was in the OP announcement. The last two Xmas gifts and the old 400 minute add-on are all the same. UK is included.

Wow.  Time to get my eyes checked!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous : The list of countries was in the OP announcement. The last two Xmas gifts and the old 400 minute add-on are all the same. UK is included.

Anonymous
Not applicable
@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous 

As a promotion was mentioned, I am thinking that this could be the free holiday giveaway add-on.

@computergeek541- Thought about that after i posted.  I checked the holiday promo announcement (and about the first 8 pages of comments), but it was not specific about what INTL meant.  Was there ever a clarification?

It seems to me that these international dialling problems are usually resolved by studying the exact numbers being dialled as others have mentioned. A number being dialled within a country may not necessarily be dialled from another country by just adding the international access code and country code. Unless you have always called the number but it just quit working now, try calling a different number for a comparison, google a number to call if necessary.

AE_Collector

MT13

yes it was the free holiday add on 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

just want to confirm if you are calling in with this pattern

011 44 xxxx yyyyyy  (i.e.10 digits in the UK phone number where the format  in UK :   0 xxxx yyyyyy )

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Do you have the UK add-on ?

1000 U.K. Long Distance Minutes - $15

Calls made to numbers starting with the following UK codes are not included in UK calling from Canada and will not be completed when dialled: 4470, 44870-44879, 44843-44845.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@MT13 wrote:

I have the free international calls add on promotion but when I try and call the UK it says the number is blocked. I have turned my phone off and on again but still no different.

Check the format of the number.

Calling United Kingdom From Canada - Direct Dialing Numbers

To make a direct call to United Kingdom From Canada, you need to follow the international dialing format given below. The dialing format is same for calling United Kingdom mobile or land line from Canada.

To call United Kingdom from Canada, dial:

011 - 44 - Area Code - Land Phone Number
011 - 44 - 10 Digit Mobile Number

@MT13 

Blocked?  What's the exact recording that you hear?  I am wondering if you're calling a number that doesn't accept calls from other countries. At least in North America, some toll free numbers are like that.

@Anonymous 

As a promotion was mentioned, I am thinking that this could be the free holiday giveaway add-on.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MT13- It depends which long distance add-on you have.  The 'International' add-on does not include the UK.

EDIT:  There is a specific add-on for calls to the UK.

Need Help? Let's chat.