cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Texting

cookes123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The plan includes unlimited international texting.  Does it work both directions?  I.e. If I call the USA from Canada I'm O.K but what if I call from the USA to Canada?

5 REPLIES 5

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cookes123  Cheapest way to do what you wish is TextNow connecting to wifi. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cookes123 : All services only work in Canada. Or the US with roaming add-ons. You can accept calls and texts from anywhere. You can text anywhere. But calls need minutes of some sort to call beyond Canada.

Edit: ah I shouldn't bother when on mobile.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@cookes123 

Texting :  While you're in Canada, you can receive and send texts anywhere in the world.

Calling:  With an unlimited Canada plan you can call or receive calls from anywhere in Canada to anywhere else in Canada.  You can also receive calls from anywhere in the world.  You can only make/ receive calls when you're physically outside Canada if you have the applicable US add-on, when in USA.

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@cookes123 wrote:

The plan includes unlimited international texting.  Does it work both directions?  I.e. If I call the USA from Canada I'm O.K but what if I call from the USA to Canada?

@cookes123 Text works to send anywhere and receive from anywhere. You can receive calls while you are in Canada, from anywhere in the world. The long distance issue would be with the caller. You would need a long distance add on to call outside of Canada.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cookes123- Any time you leave Canada, you will need a roaming plan.  None of the plans include US roaming by default.

Need Help? Let's chat.