cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International SMS

Claudia1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

My plan says that I have unlimited international text messages, but when I was overseas recently an SMS message did not come through to me until I returned to Canada. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks

11 REPLIES 11

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@12192018CELL wrote:

If I get the $40.00 for 30 days plan with 4.5 GB data at 3G speed, Bonus 500 MB with Autopay, unlimited Talk Canada wide, unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging and Voicemail and Call Display, does this allow me to:

1) Text FROM the USA to Canada (if I am on International unlimited Text plan);

Also, if I want to roam in the USA, how do I add that to my plan?

Thank you:)

@12192018CELL No, that plan feature is only for texts that you send while still in Canada.  While in the USA, you will be abel to receive text messages, but not reply.  There are 10-day US Roaming add-on(s) and add-on bundles which you can purchase for use while in the USA.  Please see here for more info:  U.S. Roaming knowledgebase article.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

12192018CELL

If I get the $40.00 for 30 days plan with 4.5 GB data at 3G speed, Bonus 500 MB with Autopay, unlimited Talk Canada wide, unlimited International Text and Picture Messaging and Voicemail and Call Display, does this allow me to:

1) Text FROM the USA to Canada (if I am on International unlimited Text plan);

Also, if I want to roam in the USA, how do I add that to my plan?

Thank you:)

TMS
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Corona or tequila?

Claudia1

thank you!

Claudia1

Thank you for your response, very helpful.

Claudia1

Many thanks, that explains perfectly.

@srlawren wrote:

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You would not have had any service while traveling. You can only get a risking package for the US. Si the is no service issue of those two countries

@ShawnC13 Shawn we better hook you up with a better spell checker (or some new glasses maybe? LOL).  

Let me take a stab at "auto-correcting" your reply:

You would not have had any service while travelling. You can only get a roaming package for the US.  So there is no service outside of those two countries. [Canada & USA]

Lol must still be from when I was in Mexico lol

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ShawnC13 wrote:

You would not have had any service while traveling. You can only get a risking package for the US. Si the is no service issue of those two countries

@ShawnC13 Shawn we better hook you up with a better spell checker (or some new glasses maybe? LOL).  

Let me take a stab at "auto-correcting" your reply:

You would not have had any service while travelling. You can only get a roaming package for the US.  So there is no service outside of those two countries. [Canada & USA]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

One additional thing to add is that if you are in the US, you are able to receive texts even if you don't sign up for a raoming plan .

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Claudia1 wrote:

My plan says that I have unlimited international text messages, but when I was overseas recently an SMS message did not come through to me until I returned to Canada. Does anyone know why this is? Thanks

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Claudia1

Public Mobile does not have any international roaming except for USA.  

The unlimited international texts are when the customer is located in Canada.  Within Canada, you can receive and send unlimted international texts.  

Need Help? Let's chat.