cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Roaming

wmtpm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am on 90 days plan. Can I buy international roaming other than USA? If so, is there any restriction of countries?

9 REPLIES 9

missorange
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

no signal except US and Canada.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wmtpm wrote:

Thanks eveyone for your quick reply. I do have local SIM. I was looking for pay per use type thing. Anyway. Thanks again.

Just make sure that your phone is unlocked before leaving Canada.

Have a great trip.

wmtpm
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks eveyone for your quick reply. I do have local SIM. I was looking for pay per use type thing. Anyway. Thanks again.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@wmtpm  None of Public's plans offer international roaming. Your only option as other have already mentioned is to buy a local sim. Here is a good option that you can purchase from Amazon and you just have to insert it into your phone when you get to your destination. Good for 71 countries.

https://www.amazon.ca/UK-Unlimited-Destinations-Including-Countries/dp/B07MXMNFKX/ref=sr_1_6?keyword...

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Hi @wmtpm 

I second @LovesToPM suggestion, local service is always cheaper then roaming packages from our providers. Most of packages would include unlimited North America, nice chunk of data (like 50g) and would cost under 20 euros

Get TextNow app, pick yourself a nice Canadian numbers make sure you pass it on as the alternative number to all your important contacts. Just before leaving set forwarding of all your calls to your TextNow number and disable/take out your sim card until you are back.

Is your renewal before you leave? You can suspend you're service just make sure you login back by day 85 to restart again, if you are suspended for 90 days you will lose your account together with your numbers all money and all tests lrewards that are on it.

Have a safe trip

Oh and one more thing, find out your options at the destination. I'm sure you can find it in any community like Reddit or redflagdeals

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

PM only offers US roaming. You could purchase a local sim or Gigsky.  If you have access to wifi then you could use apps like Skype,Fongo, Textnow, or WhatsApp.

Only USA roaming.

We’ve partnered with AT&T and T-Mobile to provide you with fantastic coverage.

Your U.S. coverage will include all 50 states, plus Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. So, whether you are travelling to the snow-capped mountains in Alaska or to Hawaii’s sunny beaches, we will have you covered.

Consid TEXTNOW app. You can get Canadian number in your area to call USA and Canada for free over wifi anywhere in the world you are as long as you have internet connection.. people can call that number and text you as well. They can leave you voicemail when your not online.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@wmtpm 

PM only offers US roaming add-on.  You need to buy a local SIM card when you arrive at your destination.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

Nope. There's only USA roaming.

For international use, you can purchase a local SIM. And they are usually cheaper than Canadian providers.

Need Help? Let's chat.