cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KimSh
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

International Messages Not Being Delivered

Hello,

Since I changed my phone number (same plan, same SIM card), I have not been able to get messages delivered internationally which is part of my plan. 

I appreciate any help or suggestions, thank you 😊

Kimia

Accepted Solutions
HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Re: International Messages Not Being Delivered

Further to prior response, @KimSh , this is how to contact Moderators if above fixes do not allow the texting you had before.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact moderator, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

View solution in original post

All Replies
S--S
Mayor / Maire

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

Turn your data on to send a Picture Messaging in world-wide,

if your data is off and your home internet wifi is on is not going through the Picture or a video Messaging, 

you have to do this to is go through you will need to turn your data on to send a Picture or a video Messaging in world-wide,

make sure your DATA is on.

Good Luck

Spudster
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KimSh 

How long ago did you change your number?

Are you attempting to send an SMS message to a recipient who is on your contact list?   Are you using the correct country code (i.e. same as used with the prior number?)

Try rebooting the phone or remove SIM card, then reinsert.

If you STILL can't do what you could before, ask for Moderators to assist.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Further to prior response, @KimSh , this is how to contact Moderators if above fixes do not allow the texting you had before.

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator, then select contact moderator, then select other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

View solution in original post

softech
Mayor / Maire

@KimSh  Which country you are trying to message to?  did you try messaging to other countries as well just to test if it is isolated to one particular one?

BKNS27
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KimSh 

You might want to try using the free WhatsApp or TextNow wifi messaging app.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@KimSh wrote:

Hello,

Since I changed my phone number (same plan, same SIM card), I have not been able to get messages delivered internationally which is part of my plan. 

I appreciate any help or suggestions, thank you 😊

Kimia

@KimSh there was another user, yesterday, that changed their plan and lost there ability to use some features...

Try a Reset of your Network Settings.

KimSh

Thanks, but this does not solve my problem.

Yes, I am aware of all the steps needed to be taken to make sure you can send the SMS to a number, so it is not any of the above issues.

KimSh

Thank you so much, I think it is my best shot!

KimSh

Thanks, I would not want to disclose that information here. And it is not in an isolated location.

Need Help? Let's chat.