cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

International Calling

totb
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Alrightee then...first time poster. If I'm not doing this right, please bear with me y'all...LOL

Btw, HELLO!

Although I understand that PM offers an International Add-On and there are 18 (I think?) countries that can be called with that plan, what happens if you try to call a country that's NOT on that list. Like Trinidad or Jamaica, for example?

Does the call just not go through, do you get a message telling you so or are you charged "regular" long distance rates AND if so, where would I find that list?

Please and thank you?!

10 REPLIES 10

dr-et
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

to add my 5cents worth

whatsapp for wifi or data

messenger by fa-ebo-k

skype even to landlines for a few pennies

lots of options

enjoy discovering them

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so clear explanation.thank you for the info.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@totb another option if you don't want to use a VoIP app would be to pick up a calling card at your local grocery or convenience store.  They have a local access number you dial, so to PM it looks like a local call and is included in your airtime.  Once connected, you enter the card number printed on the card, then the number you wish to call, and it connects you and uses up the minutes you paid for with the card.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

totb

Thank you for your help!

totb

@wetcoaster I appreciate you doing that little test!

Thank you and yes...misinformation is somewhat better than dead air Smiley Wink LOL

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@wetcoaster do I get a bravo for that? Hopefully @totb marks me as a solution 😃

@torontokris wrote:

@totb wrote:

Alrightee then...first time poster. If I'm not doing this right, please bear with me y'all...LOL

Btw, HELLO!

Although I understand that PM offers an International Add-On and there are 18 (I think?) countries that can be called with that plan, what happens if you try to call a country that's NOT on that list. Like Trinidad or Jamaica, for example?

Does the call just not go through, do you get a message telling you so or are you charged "regular" long distance rates AND if so, where would I find that list?

Please and thank you?!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/t...

Any other her country just won't work.... You'll need a VoIP type call app

Wow, 12-29-2014... this must be one of the oldest non-sticky threads I have seen somebody dig out for reference (and even the last two posts, from last year, are irrelevant to the op's question in this thread...)

While the list is still the same I would assume that the Knowledge Base article would be the one that the Public Mobile keeps up to date: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/International-add-on-amp-Calling-an-in...

torontokris
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@totb wrote:

Btw, HELLO!

Please and thank you?!

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/t...

Any other her country just won't work.... You'll need a VoIP type call app

Anything at Public Mobile that hasn't already been paid for just doensn't work.  There are no prices set that can be taken from any available balance. 

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

Welcome to Public Mobile, @totb!

There is no "regular long distance rate list" here because Public Mobile does not have pay-per-use rates. You'll need to pay upfront for any services you wish to use. This also means no surprise bills at the end of your billing cycle.

I have the 400min LD add-on and just tested it for a call to a country not listed. The automated message said "Hi, Public Mobile here. Talk is not included in your current plan. If you'd like this service you can easily change your plan at selfserve.publicmobile.ca and start talking." Which is, very technically speaking, not correct since I do have talk included in my plan and an add-on that covers some countries but not this particular one. However, I guess it's better than no message at all.

For countries not listed you can always use a voip app of your choice.

Need Help? Let's chat.