cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input my number for registration, but it said the phone number entered is invalid

vivian2005
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The phone number entered is invalid or you may have created your profile already. If you've forgotten your password, please click here.

I am still using my number with other carrier and never register with Public mobile.

Can someone help?

12 REPLIES 12

@vivian2005If you pick a new number you won't need to go under verification (ie via activate.publicmobile.ca). Are you trying to create a selfserve account or are you setting up a new account? AFAIK creating a selfserve account is for people who had signed up at the store and that's the only one that requires 6 digit verification. If you are signing up new account you and using that link you are at the wrong place.

vivian2005

how? any number? It needs 6 digits code to verify the number. You probably haven't done this for a while

@vivian2005That's why I had said create a temporary number first. It is more foolproof this way.

vivian2005

I can't start self set up as it said my number is invalid. They have changed self set up. I ported from speakout before, never had an issue. I don't like the change

@vivian2005To clarify it is the moderator_team not mod_team and you have to use the messaging system which is not email.

Speakout should be quick.. however there might be a few gotchas, it would be useful to type in speakout in the search bar above and look up at other users' experience in porting from speakout.

You can start the porting process your own using the selfserve account

Porting number to Public MobilePorting number to Public Mobile

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vivian2005 wrote:

not koodo but speakout. thank you. I will have to contact public mobile to do that? how? email mod_team but no answers yet

Is your Speakout number is still active?

You may not supplies all the info needed to port Speakout number to PM.

Read my post on how I port my number to PM without moderator help.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/Porting-number-from-Speakout-Apply-al...

Since your port failed, send a support ticket by clicking the ? icon at tbe bottom right hand corner of this page to send your Speakout info to moderator to port your Speakout number to PM.

If it's a Koodo or Telus number that might be the issue and you would have to contact moderators..

Here's what I suggest..

Create your account and select "New Number"....this way you can still use your current number with your other provider. Remember do not cancel your account with other provider till your number is ported into public mobile.

Ok so now you created your public mobile account and given a new number you will be able to login into self serve account and try to port your number again...if you still have a problem porting..then you will have to open a ticket for Moderators to resolve issue for you. Might take a few days to get it all sorted but you will continue to be able to use your old sim with old provider while you wait.

Here's how to contact mods..Simon.JPG

vivian2005

not koodo but speakout. thank you. I will have to contact public mobile to do that? how? email mod_team but no answers yet

vivian2005

when I creat an account, I was asked to input my number, then the message still pop out. What should I do here?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@vivian2005 

Are you planning to port your Koodo prepaid number to PM during activation of a new PM plan?

If yes, you need to get a temporary number from PM first because you cannot port your Koodo prepaid number using the automatic porting procedure.  You need to generate a support ticket using the ? icon at the bottom right corner of this page to ask moderator to port your Koodo prepaid number to PM manually.

vivian2005

I will try that. thanks for your quick reply

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@vivian2005Can you elaborate what are you intending to do? are you trying to transfer your number to Public Mobile? In that case I would suggest setup an account with a temporary number first, test for everything to see if it is working on your plan. Once you are happy you can transfer (porting) your number from your current provider to Public Mobile via the selfserve webpage.

Need Help? Let's chat.