cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect text useage count

JC29
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi there,

New to Public Mobile here but have been lurking for awhile and decided to take the plunge.  My problem is two-fold.  First of all, my international outgoing texts are not being received abroad.  As I understand, as long as I am situated in Canada (Vancouver actually), and sending texts abroad, this should be valid right?

Another thing, my other plan is a $10 plan and so far I have sent 4 texts but my online profile useage says that I have used 18 of the 50 texts available.  As I understand, my $10 plan includes unlimited incoming texts right?  So that means my usage has to be 4 of 50 only right?

Thank you in advance for the replies.   I hope to be of help here soon.

14 REPLIES 14

JohnnyXI

Thanks RossN, good to know.

@JohnnyXI  it's 160

JohnnyXI

Two posts here mention max text character count.  Anybody know what the max per msg count is??

JC29

Thank you z10user4!

That solved the first part of my problem!

JC29

Dunkman,

Yes my plan is activated as I can call and send texts.  Just that text count is askew

JC29

Thank you for your reply but then as of now I am using an Android phone and have no iCloud or iMessage.

JC29

Thank you.  I will keep that in mind in the future.  But then as of now my sms and replies have been one short sentences and have not exceeded the number of characters for one sms/text

JC29

Thank you.  I will try to check how to disable that sms dialler

Is your $10 plan recently activated?  There is an issue in the past with other users with incorrect texts.  

Here is a good summary of the issue:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/My-account-shows-incorrect-available-te...

Just to add on what @Anonymous said.. if you didn't turn on your data and wifi.. then your iPhone *might* switch to text as the final fall back to contact the servers usually with iCloud/iMessage activation. You can easily filter out those text with on your usage log and if you really want to you can ask PM for a refund on those text.

Jc29, there also the matter of if some message were above the per mesaage character limit.  One that limit gets passed, something appears to be one text message will count as more than one.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@JC29 According to your second question, you can take a look of the detail in how your text being counted as 18/50 under My Account. There are limited words in each text. Once it is over, it will count accordingly. If PM incorrectly charged, you can contact the moderator regarding the issue. You just simply click on the Envelop icon and send to "Moderator_Team" and describe your issue. 

Welcome to PM!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JC29 wrote:

Hi there,

New to Public Mobile here but have been lurking for awhile and decided to take the plunge.  My problem is two-fold.  First of all, my international outgoing texts are not being received abroad.  As I understand, as long as I am situated in Canada (Vancouver actually), and sending texts abroad, this should be valid right?

Another thing, my other plan is a $10 plan and so far I have sent 4 texts but my online profile useage says that I have used 18 of the 50 texts available.  As I understand, my $10 plan includes unlimited incoming texts right?  So that means my usage has to be 4 of 50 only right?

Thank you in advance for the replies.   I hope to be of help here soon.

For the international outgoing texting (or calling with add-on) make sure to have 011 in front of the country code. You could also use the + sign instead of 011.

For the text counter, both Android and iOS do some background texting to set things when setting up with a new provider or sometimes even just restarting.

Edit: ninja'd by mimmo

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@JC29  what phone are you using.  if android you need to disable  sms permissions for the dialer.  For apple there is a similar fix is needed. basically you do disable your phone from checking visual voice mail which PM does not have

as for not sending, have you formatted the numbers correctly "+ country code number  also are they all going to the same country or same person.  it might be an issue with thr receiver.    also last time i was in Europe they used watsapp or viber much more than sms

Need Help? Let's chat.