cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete activation, now getting 'username you have entered is not available' when restarting

ericlfilion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I took too long debating whether to create a new number or port my existing one, and my session expired. I got past the first step: Let's get started. The process is essentially abandoned at step two: Phone Number. Now I'm trying to restart the activation process, but I'm getting "The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

When I try to login with my email, I get "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

When I try to recover my password, I get "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

How might I activate using my main email address?

4 REPLIES 4

ericlfilion
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@softech wrote:

curious.. can you try another email address?

if it is gmail.. you can use alias

e.g  myusername@gmail.com can be my.username@gmail.com

email will still send to the same inbox

Good thinking. Seems like a viable workaround. Made it myusername+something@gmail.com and it was accepted. However, it seems like things were reset for me, and I'll be able to use my plain email address. 😁

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ericlfilion : In about an hour, clear cache/site cookies or use incognito/privacy mode or a different browser and try again.

Start from scratch again.

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ericlfilion wrote:

I took too long debating whether to create a new number or port my existing one, and my session expired. I got past the first step: Let's get started. The process is essentially abandoned at step two: Phone Number. Now I'm trying to restart the activation process, but I'm getting "The Self Serve username you have entered is not available. Please try again with a different email address."

When I try to login with my email, I get "Sorry, your login attempt failed. Please try again."

When I try to recover my password, I get "Sorry, we’re unable to verify your email address."

How might I activate using my main email address?

@ericlfilion hi you will need to wait an hour until the system resets😊

softech
Oracle
Oracle

curious.. can you try another email address?

if it is gmail.. you can use alias

e.g  myusername@gmail.com can be my.username@gmail.com

email will still send to the same inbox

Need Help? Let's chat.