cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incomplete Port

AlexRomby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to port my number on November 6th and then recieved a text saying that I need to complete the SIM & activation online form to complete the transfer.

I messaged the mods and sent an email to PM as well and have yet to recieve a response in three weeks. I can send texts, call and the data works on my PM sim but all of my incoming texts and calls still go to my other sim.

Just want some help getting this completed.

13 REPLIES 13

@atorrin I think you'll get an error if you try a second time. Sounds like the port is partially completed.

atorrin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I used my PIN number instead of my account number. Do you think I can try a second time with my account number? Right now I can send and call from my Public Mobile SIM but cannot receive anything.

"Do nots” for port-ins

- do not use any identifier except your account number EXACTLY as shown on your bill; it is the best item for any port-in request

- do not make any errors in the Authourized User; this must be EXACTLY as it appears on your bill

- do not use your number as the Alternate Number; use someone else's

- do not forget to click "I am authourized ...." BEFORE you entering your number (courtesy imm1304)

- do not cancel your account; that will happen automatically

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

atorrin

Thank you for the suggestions. I have activated his SIM and set it up with a new number during activation. His old plan with PC Mobile is good until about Dec 12th. I figured I had given us two weeks to sort out the porting issue, that should be enough time - I wasn't expecting it to go smoothly and was willing to deal with some headaches. Since I have not tried to port his number at all yet, I may give that a try - not do it myself and ask that it be done. 

@atorrin Food for thought?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/SECURITY-OF-SERVICE/m-p/23214#M4783

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@atorrin believe it or not, but there's only a small percentage of people that have an issue with porting their numbers. A lot of people's ports go through in minutes, like all the success stories in this thread... 

Successful Ports Thread. The suggestion cheeseburger made that PM may not be for business clients, I disagree. I'm a business owner and I switched from Telus to PM. I'm happy with my service, but having a backup plan in case the port fails will need to be thought through.

Here's my suggestion... if your husband's SIM isn't yet activated, activate it with a temporary phone number. Instead of requesting a port during the activation, or logging into self-serve to do it, you'll instead send a private message to a moderator asking them to do a manual number port. This way, even if it takes a week to hear from a moderator, they'll be monitoring the port to make sure it's successful. This way as well... you can keep your husband's account active with PC mobile until the port cancels it. PM will be adjusting people's renewal dates to 90 days, once their phone issues are resolved, so at least you're not losing out on that $120 you paid.

Hope that helps! Robot Happy

UDP7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

And that's what some people don't get. They don't do any research and the problems that are currently happening with Public Mobile, they just look at the good deal and buy the sim and port. And once they encounter a problem, they blame Public Mobile for not having stores and phone numbers where they can call in for support.

cheeseburger

Again I really like PM but I've read too many posts where people are stuck mid-port or are having other issues with a number they rely on for business.

The extra cost of having a call center or phyiscal store outweighs the savings vs losing business if you run into problems.

atorrin

That is too bad, he can't be without his phone for more than a few hours. We pay about the same for PC Mobile right now but have very little data, so I was trying to get this plan for the data. If he switches to a plan with this much data it will cost as much as just keeping both plans. I had hoped if I could sort out the port issue it would be smooth sailing after that, but if not then will need to reconsider.

cheeseburger

@atorrin

As much as I like PM's pricing and support model I'd strongly advise against porting over a business critical number.

The support model is online only. Any issues with the service could potentially take days to resolve. Due to the popularity of the recent promotion days have become weeks.

Can your husband be without his phone number for a week or more?

If the answer is "no" then I suggest he stays put or looks for a provider with a call center or physical store. PM doesn't fit everyone's use case.

atorrin

I am having the exact same issue. I have until around Dec 11th when my PC mobile plan runs out so I'd really like to get this resolved before then. I purchased a SIM for my husband as well and activated it on the new plan, but I have not even tried to port his number because he uses it for business and would be an absolute nightmare for the port not to work. I want to get mine figured out first.

It seems this issue is common, is there no thread where someone has figured out how to solve it? It seems like waiting on support is going to take too long.

AlexRomby
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried that before and again today. I get an error syaing to contact PM for additional assistance every time.

daredogg
Mayor / Maire

@AlexRomby log into your My Account and under My Profile, you'll see Change Number. Click that link and you'll be brought to the form. Select the "Transfer a wireless number..." option and proceed from there. 

Need Help? Let's chat.