cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls won't ring phone, caller does not go to voice mail

VY2HF
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello there,

I've looked at similar incidents, but none I can find seem to match my problem.

My phone has been working fine until the last couple of days. Incoming callers will hear endless rings, while my phone behaves as if there is no incoming call at all. Also, on outbound calls, my phone appears to dial, but there is no receive audio and the receiving phone on the other end hears only garbled audio. I never even hear any ringing or a pickup, but the call does appear to connect at the other end - just no audio.

SMS texting and LTE data work OK, so there is nothing amiss with my provisioning - just the talking parts. Any ideas?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Rdasm

I second @srlawren 's suggestion. I dont usually have to reboot often but I tend to do it once in two - three weeks. and it seems to work just fine and also get rid of any issue that I might be having. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@VY2HF it never hurts to reboot regularly (only remove the SIM card as well if you are troubleshooting a specific issue like in this case).  I try to boot mine at least once a week, but ideally every 3-4 days.  It just helps keep issues like this from developing, proactively.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

VY2HF

I did do that, just after my posting, and it seems to have restored the missing functionality! Good suggestion. Thanks.

VY2HF

Thanks, that seems like a good step. And, after my posting, I decided to power off, pull the SIM, reinsert the SIM, and power on.

The phone seems to work fine now, so I wonder if it was a SIM/hardware glitch. I'll keep an eye on it in the coming days.

Thanks!

BT

meocon
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@VY2HF Which phone are you using? I think you should restore your phone

MacMe

Have you tried powering off your phone and removing the SIM?

LEGO

Try you SIM card in another phone, see if it works normal or not. If it works normal in another phone, you have hardware problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.