cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not working

Rojopojo64
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I recently got my sim and switch to public mobile yesterday and everything works but I can't receive any calls. I transferred my number. What can I do?

8 REPLIES 8

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rojopojo64 wrote:

I recently got my sim and switch to public mobile and everything works but I can't receive any calls. I transferred my number. What can I do?

Number porting is a 2 stage process:
Stage 1. After submitted your porting request, PM set up your old number on your PM account. Login to your account. Select the [Plan and Add-Ons] tab. Is your old number showing on the [Plan and Add-Ons] display?
If yes, PM has done its work to setup your old number for you to call out, send text and data.
If no, you should create a support ticket for moderator to investigate. Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days.  https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

Stage 2. Now, you are waiting for your old provider to release you number to PM. Not until your old provider release your number, all the incoming calls and texts will continue to go to your old provider. You can continue to use the old provider SIM card until it stops working which is the indication that your number was released to PM.

@Rojopojo64 

Please keep using the old service until the port is completed.

If it's VoIP that you transferred from it may take a week

aliamaec

Hi there,

I would get into contact with the moderator. You just have to speak with the automated chat first; answer a couple of its questions and then type "speak with moderator". Once you've filled out a form, they will message you within 48 hours. Note: you have to log into the community and check your messages (little letter icon at the top). I had to contact them today regarding a porting issue and they were so very helpful!

Good luck!

Alia

Danchvn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you ported your number very recently it could take a few hours before the port is complete.

If it doesn't start working in the next couple hours you could contact the moderators by clicking on the question mark in the lower right.

In the meantime, you could try turning off the phone, removing and reinstalling the sim and restarting the phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Rojopojo64 sounds like your port is in progress. It can take up to 3 hours to complete if from a cell provider and up to 7 days if from a landline or voip provider. Reinsert your old providers SIM to receive calls for now. Once it stops working the port is complete. If its been longer than 3 hours your port is probably stuck.  Contact the moderators. Type stuck port and go from there. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

Rojopojo64

I recently switched to public mobile and transferred my number but I can't receive any calls.

what can I do?

[MERGED .... Luddite]

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Rojopojo64 it takes about 2-3 hours for a port to complete. do not cancel your previous carrier account that will cancel automatically after the port is finished. just use your old sim till it stops working

Need Help? Let's chat.