cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not working

lbachand
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I ported my phone number from Fongo today and incoming calls are still routed to Fongo, when I call someone from Public Mobile it show the correct phone number I ported.

I have tryed to restart my iPhone and I still have the issue. Its been like that since a couple hours now.

Can anyone helps me ?

10 REPLIES 10

@hTideGnow wrote:

sorry.. old thread.. but i want to see how it ended?  how many day for a fully completed porting?

i might port out of Fongo too.

Porting from a landline or VoIP provider to a wireless carrier is usually takes about 2 day to a week, and I would say 2 weeks on the upper extreme.

@lbachand wrote:

Hello,

Quick update:

When someone call my number it ring and after a couple second it say « the person you are trying to reach is unavailable ».

My phone never ring, either directly from the phone or through the fongo App...

Is that normal ? Because now I can’t receive incoming call at all..

sorry.. old thread.. but i want to see how it ended?  how many day for a fully completed porting?

i might port out of Fongo too.

lbachand

Hello,

Quick update:

When someone call my number it ring and after a couple second it say « the person you are trying to reach is unavailable ».

My phone never ring, either directly from the phone or through the fongo App...

Is that normal ? Because now I can’t receive incoming call at all..

lbachand

I have the phone number for 2 years with Fongo so I should not be charged for porting out.

I already have Fongo installed so I receive call its just through the fongo app instead of directly through my iPhone.

Thanks for the help I’ll be patient!

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Once your port is totally complete you will be able to make calls. 

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Do you have data with your plan? While waiting for port to finish you can install fongo app so you don't miss any calls. It doesn't use too much of data I used it with 250m over 30 days without any restrictions and it would consume less than 70 during whole month.

It may take up to week for port to complete. If it gets too long contact moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@lbachand wrote:

Hello,

I ported my phone number from Fongo today and incoming calls are still routed to Fongo, when I call someone from Public Mobile it show the correct phone number I ported.

I have tryed to restart my iPhone and I still have the issue. Its been like that since a couple hours now.

Can anyone helps me ?

How long did you have your Fongo number?

If less than 30 days, there is a $25 transfer fee. 

https://support.fongo.com/hc/en-us/articles/212437466-Transfer-my-Fongo-number-to-another-carrier

Your incoming calls will continue to go to Fongo until Fongo release your number to PM.

You can install Fongo app on your iPhone to receive incoming calls for now.

lbachand

Ok I’ll wait and keep you posted.

Will I get a text message once its fully ported?

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Fongo's a VoIP provider, and porting out of VoIP typically takes longer than porting a mobile number to another provider. Give it time and I'm sure the port will complete. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@lbachand wrote:

Hello,

Can anyone helps me ?

@lbachand  Porting from Fongo will take at lease two or more days so you need to be patient.

Need Help? Let's chat.