cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not working

deepatiwari
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, My phone number (number deleted) I portend number from Chatr to Public Mobile on March 9, around 7.30 pm at The Mobile Store Whitby.

I am able to make outgoing calls but can not receive Text and Incoming calls. This is frustrating. I also did the factory reset of my phone but no luck. I am receiving text messages from Public Mobile only.

I visited The mobile shop but they are not able to help me and advised me to open a ticket in the community.

Can you check and let me know what is happening here.

Thanks

Edited by stonechucker to remove phone number.

21 REPLIES 21

deepatiwari

Thank you all. Finally issue has been resolved

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@deepatiwari wrote:

I sent a few messages to Moderator yesterday before 7.30 and one today. There is no response. Is that a monitored inbox?

@deepatiwari you sent as a private message through the community, right?  If so then yes, and try to be patient.  It can take up to couple of days if they are backlogged at the moment.  Requests are handled first-come-first-serve.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

deepatiwari

@slash407 Do you know how long moderator will take. No one from their team is responding to my message.

deepatiwari

I sent a few messages to Moderator yesterday before 7.30 and one today. There is no response. Is that a monitored inbox?

Cyberbeagle

Thanks for letting me know that this was the old template. My bad... couldn’t find the following one on my phone earlier. 😊

The following was what I used to help a friend that switched Friday. 😊

Need assistance with your account, activation, or service?

• You'll need to contact the Community Moderator Team to get assistance with your account. Oracles and Users cannot access account information; do not send them any private information on yourself or your account/s.
  • The Community Moderator Team are Public Mobile support employees who can assist with your issue/s. Only they can access account information.
  • For more detailed information, read the knowledge article.
  • For your convenience, here's a link to send them a private message.
  • Here's how to read and reply to private messages.

In your private message please include the following:

• Your Public Mobile phone number.
  • Your 4 digit PIN; if you don't know yours look below.
  • Your account’s e-mail address.
  • A detailed explanation of your issue/s.

Don't know your PIN? Provide any three of the following:

• Your complete mailing address.
  • Your e-mail address.
  • An alternate phone number associated with your account.
  • Your date of birth.
  • The last top up date & amount.

When will they get back to you?:

• Support hours are in EDT and run Mon-Fri 9AM to 9PM, and Sat-Sun from 9AM to 7:30PM. Outside of these hours they will not be responding to private messages, and will be queued for the next day. So don't worry, they will get to you.
  • Messages are responded to in the order in which they are received, which can affect response time depending on queue length.
  • Usual response time varies between 1-3 hours, but can take up to 48 hours.
  • Please do not send multiple separate private messages, as it slows down support.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cyberbeagle 

Great of you to read up and find pieces of information to help others. Especially since your new. Good stuff. Welcome.

A couple things though with all that.

The first and last links don't work.

It's Moderator_Team not Mod_Team

They now reply with an online form to fill in either self-serve log in credentials or just phone number. All the other stuff is the old method now. They *may* ask for those things if someone can't remember either but that would be after contact.

Cyberbeagle

Welcome to public mobile. Ports can talk a day I forgot not more to be completed but if your port is stuck for some reason you need to contact public mobile support by private message here's the info.

Try calling your phone number to see if it goes to Chtr mailbox if you had one. Also, try calling another phone that has caller ID to see if your number shows up on display. If your number shows up, then I would say the porting process has started. You can follow the below instructions if you need more help. Best of luck! 😊

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

• Please contact the Community Moderator Team to get help with you account.
    • They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue (More details).

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue.

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Friday 9am to 9pm, and Saturday & Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [Toronto Time]
    • Messages are replied to during office hours, in the order in which they are received
    • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
    • There is no need to send multiple messages.

How can I view my private messages between myself and a Community Moderator

@deepatiwari wrote:

@RobertQc Tried everything and still no luck. I have activated my Chatr account again. Do I need to do anything to complete the number porting?

I didn't see this mentioned, but before having Public Mobile's moderators try again for you, I would give a phone call to Chatr customer service if you don't already have your Chatr account number.

Well, ask chatr your account status, if they tell you ported out, but your pubic mobile incoming call isnt working, its port failure, only public mobile can fix it.  It is in their system.   It just failed at some point in the whole automated process, need human to fix it.    

It just happens once a while to all new comer.    sometime the moderator reply slow, have to wait for it.  Smiley Happy

@deepatiwari wrote:

@MoreYummy No I am not going back to Chatr. I ported my number before expiry. Since my account was expired I thought bringing back Chatr account may help.

@deepatiwari  In the case the number port failed it will since during the porting process the account must be active. But like I said before it all depends on where the issue is. At the moment, you have all grounds covered by yourself, so the the moderator team will be able to fix it for sure.

deepatiwari

@RobertQc you are a great help. Thank you

deepatiwari

@MoreYummy No I am not going back to Chatr. I ported my number before expiry. Since my account was expired I thought bringing back Chatr account may help.

@deepatiwari wrote:

@RobertQc  I sent the message to the moderator. Any idea how long it will take them to answer?

@deepatiwari 

I know it can be a little frustrating to wait but they will get back to you asoon as they can between Monday-Friday 9am-9pm (EDT) and Satuday-Sunday 9AM-7:30PM (EDT)

lately during those hours response time has been very good, couple hours from what I have been seeing lately but don't quote me on that.

deepatiwari

@RobertQc  I sent the message to the moderator. Any idea how long it will take them to answer?

So you are porting back to chatr?  

Same procedure as port to public mobile, you can ask chatr how to port in to their service too.

@deepatiwari wrote:

@RobertQc Tried everything and still no luck. I have activated my Chatr account again. Do I need to do anything to complete the number porting?

@deepatiwari 

Use this link to send a message to the moderator team and explain your issue. They will either fix the account issue or resubmit the port on your behalf.

deepatiwari

@deepatiwari wrote:

Thanks, @RobertQc However my Chatr account is expired now. Yesterday was my last day with Chatr. So I cannot use Chat now. I was with Chatr for 4 years and now from the day one having difficulty with Public Mobile. It seems I took the wrong step. What are my options?

@deepatiwari  Just a first hiccup, Log into your self serve (my account) CLICK HERE then click “Plan and Add-on” then click “Lost/Stolen Phone” and click “Suspend Service” and click the “logout” button near your name/account balance. Wait 10 minutes. Log back and do the exact same procedure except this time click reactivate service phone found, reboot your phone.

If that does not work message @CS_Agent  them and they will get help

Hopefully the account expired due to non payment, and you can make another payment to reactivate it if you need to transfer the number.

It all might depend on the reason the account is no longer active, and the reason the current incomming call issue

deepatiwari

Thanks, @RobertQc However my Chatr account is expired now. Yesterday was my last day with Chatr. So I cannot use Chat now. I was with Chatr for 4 years and now from the day one having difficulty with Public Mobile. It seems I took the wrong step. What are my options?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@deepatiwari wrote:

Hi, My phone number *******. I portend number from Chatr to Public Mobile on March 9, around 7.30 pm at The Mobile Store Whitby.

I am able to make outgoing calls but can not receive Text and Incoming calls. This is frustrating. I also did the factory reset of my phone but no luck. I am receiving text messages from Public Mobile only.

I visited The mobile shop but they are not able to help me and advised me to open a ticket in the community.

Can you check and let me know what is happening here.

Thanks

@deepatiwari  Please don't post your phone number publically

You may have a stuck / failed port. It's been long enough I suggest sending a message to the moderator team. Click this to send them a message.

Try to your old sim from chatR for now. Once the actual porting process is complete the chatR will no longer work.

If the chatR sim is not working, then its another issue and still contact the mod team

Need Help? Let's chat.