cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not ported

Aomok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I ported two numbers over from bell tonight to take advantage of the 4gb/mth deal, but neither phone seems to be able to receive incoming calls. Data is working and received the welcome texts... Help!
44 REPLIES 44

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Nikvic wrote:

Okay, thank you. I have contacted the moderators in a private message. 

Please keep us updated on your failed port. 

Nikvic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Okay, thank you. I have contacted the moderators in a private message. 

@Nikvic

It looks like that your port was not complete.  You will need to contact moderator.  Unfortunately, it will take at least 24 hours to respond and up to a few days for porting issues to be resolved.  

Here is instructions to contact moderator:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

Or just send a private message through the following link :
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Community Moderators are available from Monday to Friday 9am (EDT) to 9pm (EDT) and Saturday, and Sunday from 9am (EDT) to 7:30pm (EDT)

Nikvic
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, my husband and I both switched to Public Mobile 2 days ago. My husbands phone is receiving incoming calls, but mine is not. I received a msg saying “thank you for activating with public mobile” and I restarted my phone, but it is still not working properly. 

LuBear

Hello @Shazia_K I am having the same issues porting from Bell mobility. Cannot receive incoming, calls I messages the mods but have not recieved a reply. Can someone please looking into this as it is affecting my business. I know you guys are busy but I would like this issues fixed. Much appricated. 

Aomok
Lgg3

Rockdaddy22
Seems like an APN issue. What kind of phone?

Aomok
Thanks @Shazia_K! Both phones were ported and got the confirmation text message, BUT one of them (ending 6205) is not receiving data signal - have already tried rebooting, manually registering to network, etc usual suspect troubleshooting moves - any suggestions?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Aomok

I'm sorry for the long wait, 

Both ports have been requested with the right account number you provided, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Aomok
Hey @Rockdaddy22 @Shazia_K @Mary_M it's day 7 for me and my partner with incomplete ports, would it be possible to get some help or at least know when to expect it?

Aomok
Hi @Shazia_K @Mary_M
Neither of the accounts I have has been completed and it's been 6 days - I have dm'ed but have not heard back at all, can you please address this tomorrow?

Nanalogue
Thanks @Rockdaddy22 as well for tagging Shazia!

Rockdaddy22
This is awesome news 🙂

Nanalogue
Omg finally i may see the light at the end of the tunnel. So weird the acct number was wrong but will patiently wait once again. Thank you!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@Nanalogue

The port was declined due to the wrong account # provided. 

The port has been requested, please allow at least 30 minutes to 2 hours for the port to complete. You will receive a text message saying that the port has completed and then simply reboot your phone 🙂

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
Maybe if they have time @Shazia_K or @Mary_M could help you guys with your issues. They're obviously extremely busy so you'll have to be patient. I've tagged them, but don't know if they'll have time today. It might have to wait until tomorrow.

Nanalogue
We requested to port our numbers but it is not complete as we cannot receive calls or texts. We are capable of sending texts and making calls. It is quite frustrating, almost a week to wait for this issue to resolve and none of the mods are responding.

Rockdaddy22
What exactly is the issue?

Aomok
Ahh day 6 now... Radio silence from all mods

Aomok

Do you know if there's a mod who's more likely to respond that another? I'm now at day 4 and we'll pass 48 hours email response time. Bell also called me yesterday regarding continuing my service with them, so obviously they got notified of the partial failed port attempt?? 

jackjin127

yes, i send a message for two days no service guys answer.

terrible service ~~~~

jackjin127

same issue ,   no one answer .

Rockdaddy22
Normally, hours, lately could be a week

Aomok
How long does it usually take mods to answer? No incoming calls is terrible for business!

Nanalogue
Yes I contacted a mod. Patiently waiting...

Rockdaddy22
That's interesting, I'd love to find out the reason for your failed port. Have you contacted a mod?

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Nanalogue
I used acct# for both rogers numbers. One ported in 30 mins successfully and the other one ... can use data, text and make calls but no incoming texts and calls for past 3 days 😞

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Definitely a possibility, I really hate the imei and pin. They've caused countless problems around here in the last few weeks 😞

Yet in one of the posts by Public Mobile, they insists that IMEI is best for number porting. I wonder if that was a typo.  IMEI numbers that are registered at a provider can change from time to time and they don't always use the IMEI of the most current connected device as being on file.  PINs can also be changed by customer, forgotten, or incorrectly set up at the time of activation.  Account number is the only 100% foolproof piece of porting information. It's usually listed on carrers' self-serve customer accounts and can be even be cut and pasted when activating the Public service.  It leaves no room for doubt that the information is correct.  Why people are using IMEI or PIN is beyond me.

Rockdaddy22
Definitely a possibility, I really hate the imei and pin. They've caused countless problems around here in the last few weeks 😞

Boomsly
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I provided my account number and Imei, I'm sure it was the Imei that messed mine up, I have geeksquad and this is my replacement phone so the Imei is different than my originally activated cell phone. Unfortunately didn't think of that during sign up.
Need Help? Let's chat.