cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls not ported

Aomok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
I ported two numbers over from bell tonight to take advantage of the 4gb/mth deal, but neither phone seems to be able to receive incoming calls. Data is working and received the welcome texts... Help!
44 REPLIES 44

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Account number is definitely the preferred method, I wish PM would make it mandatory. I'm sorry all you can do is wait.

Aomok
I did pin... Not working still and no responses from mods either...

Rockdaddy22
What number did you provide when attempting to port? Account number, Pin or imei?

Boomsly
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
Is bell being a pain in the ass about these ports? I'm with bell, and it's been over 56 hours since I activated with public mobile and incoming calls are still not coming into public mobile.

Rockdaddy22
Unfortunately yes

Aomok
Ahh it is bell Mobility! It still hasn't ported over yet, so not sure what to do now, just wait for a mod to answer?

@Rockdaddy22 wrote:
Good point geek, I was assuming cell phone. I should know better than to assume things. 🙂

I did the same thing and assumed a wireless-to-wireless transfer but then edited my post a minute later because I realized that the OP never really specified that it was from Bell's cell phone division.

Rockdaddy22

Good point geek, I was assuming cell phone. I should of know better than to assume things. 🙂

In most cases, it shouldn't take more than 2.5 hours for a transfer from another wireless carrier.  As for not receiving incoming calls, that means your phone number was never ported yet.  When you say "Bell", is that Bell Mobility or Bell Canada?  Landlines number transfers are expected to be completed within 2 days.

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I doubt someone would be looking at it at this time especially if it's past 5 hrs already...

Unfortunately, no moderators would be available until tomorrow.

I can tag a moderator here @Mary_M, who solved the problem from the link I posted above.

Hopefully someone can help you tomorrow morning 🙂

Rockdaddy22
Sounds like a failed port, if it isn't working by morning I'd send a mod a private message

http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Information-required-before-sending-a-me...

Aomok
How long should that take? Its already been 5 hrs...

hslee1210
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Sometimes, waiting can be a solution. Sometimes not. If you don't want to wait too long, try to get help from one of the moderators. The link below is a same scenario as yours. http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Won-t-receive-incoming-calls/m-p/71308...

beerdude111
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You won't recieve incoming calls until the number's been fully ported over, it hasn't been ported over yet (if you pop in your old sim, it'll still be working). You'll know it's fully ported over when you get a text saying your number's been ported over, welcome to PM, or something along those lines.

Need Help? Let's chat.