cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go to old carrier

Jawellnofine
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Tried to transfer my old cell number to public mobile. Now incoming calls go to old carrier. I can phone out from public mobile phone and my old number shows up.

8 REPLIES 8

Jawellnofine

Will do. Thanks.

@JawellnofineIf it is a Speakout SIM.. make sure you had given your Speakout PIN to Public Mobile. Do a search on the searchbox above, there are a few tricks which might require you to call Speakout.

Jawellnofine

Thanks, I do have 2 SIMs working now and I did pm the mods. I suppose I just have to be patient now 🙂

Jawellnofine

From Speakout.

@Jawellnofine wrote:

Tried to transfer my old cell number to public mobile. Now incoming calls go to old carrier. I can phone out from public mobile phone and my old number shows up.

Ideally, you'd have an extra phone so that you can use both sim cards for now. Bif you continue to use your old carrier's sim card, most incoming communications will continue to go there (for now).  Once porting is done, the old carrier's sim will stop working.

If you only have your Public Mobile sim card in a working phone, you'll receice a text message telling you when everything is done (or if there's a problem).

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

A cel to cell port should take max 2 hours. If longer than you probably have a stuck port and need to contact moderator_team with your porting info ie account number and account name exatly as on bill.

GR
Mayor / Maire

How long ago did you start the port? 

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

That means your old company is still in posession of your number. When the port completes, you'll have full access on your PM sim.

Where did you port from?

Need Help? Let's chat.