cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call

Annalu
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

This morning I switched from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile. However, I am not able to receive incoming calls. I have turned off and remove the SIM card but the problem isn't solved yet.

I'd really appreciate your assistance in solving this problem. 

Thank you,

Anna

4 REPLIES 4

@Seahorse03 wrote:

If your porting has been successful, there should be”public mobile” on your top left screen. My brother had the same issue of not receiving calls and the speaker wouldn’t work during calls. His problem was with the cellphone itself though. So also check the damage on your cellphone itself.

The first part is not correct. The phone with the Public Mobile sim card inserted should say "Public Mobile" immedaitely as the network name regardless of porting status, or even if a nubmer wasn't ported at all. 

Seahorse03
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If your porting has been successful, there should be”public mobile” on your top left screen. My brother had the same issue of not receiving calls and the speaker wouldn’t work during calls. His problem was with the cellphone itself though. So also check the damage on your cellphone itself.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Annalu wrote:

Hello,

This morning I switched from Freedom Mobile to Public Mobile. However, I am not able to receive incoming calls. I have turned off and remove the SIM card but the problem isn't solved yet.

I'd really appreciate your assistance in solving this problem. 

Thank you,

Anna

@Annalu   Your port may still be in progress and can take couple of hours to finish.  You can try your FM SIM in you phone and use that until it stops working at which time your PM services should be ready to use.

Welcome to PM:)

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Annalu  did you port your numner from Freedom? If you did, how long ago was the port initiated?  It can take up to 3 hours for a port to complete? Thanks.

If it's been more than 3 hours, your port is probably stuck. Contact a moderator and explain your situation. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)
Once connected, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.

Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent. Also keep an eye on the envelope, the mods answer will show up there.
You can also enable email notification to receive a private message notification sent to your email.
Go into your community account > my settings > PREFERENCES > Private Messenger > enable "Receive email notifications for new private messages" > Save

Need Help? Let's chat.