cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call from Microsoft can't connect

604Dave
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently ported over to public mobile and everything works (local incoming and outgoing calls).

However, when getting a calls from Microsoft (1 425 635 2970) they go to voice mail directly.  They have to call back to a different number.  This is happening for 2 weeks already.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

16 REPLIES 16

@srlawren wrote:

@604Dave wrote:

this sounds possible. 

The prefix displays 1 425-  

I'll confirm

@lemew07 wrote:

It may be a fairly new and seldom used prefix in the microsoft number in your case 635 or a newer area code not familar with area code locations. Had a simlar experiance with prefix 910 area code 778 which is bc and should have been a local cal. The number would not connect reported to mods fixed in 10 days alll is good hope this helps Lemew

their area code.  Once confirmed, i'll check msg mod.

Thanks lemew

-D 

@604Dave @lemew07 425 isn't new, and also, this isn't an outbound call we're talking about here, it's an inbound call.  I don't believe this is the issue.

Well that is embarrassing.  I am going to book an appointment with my optometrist right away.  Smiley Embarassed

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@604Dave wrote:

this sounds possible. 

I'll confirm

@lemew07 wrote:

It may be a fairly new and seldom used prefix in the microsoft number in your case 635 or a newer area code not familar with area code locations. Had a simlar experiance with prefix 910 area code 778 which is bc and should have been a local cal. The number would not connect reported to mods fixed in 10 days alll is good hope this helps Lemew

Thanks lemew

-D 

@604Dave @lemew07 425 isn't new, and also, this isn't an outbound call we're talking about here, it's an inbound call.  I don't believe this is the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@will13am wrote:

If this site is accurate, area code 635 is not yet assigned.  I would be suspicious/cautious, 

https://www.computerhope.com/areacode.htm#635

@will13am the area code isn't 635, it's 425, which is Bellevue WA and surrounding areas. Microsoft have a few big offices in Bellevue (while the main campus is in Redmond--it's close enough to Bellevue that I'd bet it's covered by 425 as well).

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

604Dave

this sounds possible. 

I'll confirm

@lemew07 wrote:

Thanks lemew

-D 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

If this site is accurate, area code 635 is not yet assigned.  I would be suspicious/cautious, 

https://www.computerhope.com/areacode.htm#635

lemew07
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@604Dave wrote:

Just checked phone's block numbers and theres nothing.

No apps i installed that does that.  Unless bitdefender security blocks call spam.  How do i check?

I've looked up bitdefender, it doesn't seem to include a call blocking function... Not sure what else it could be then...

@Someone_here wrote:

@wilts wrote:

I sometimes have an issue when my phone is on my hip 😞  Try putting it on your desk / counter and call it from a regular line and see if that works.  I need to leave my iphone on my desk or it wont ring 😞

Why in the wolrd would your phone not work on your hip? Do you have metal implant hip that creates interference? 😛

@wilts

Thinking about it... I programmed my phone to go in silent mode automatically when the screen is facing down; maybe that function is activated on yours as well?

604Dave

could be wilts has an electrifying personality

604Dave

Thats the strange part.  I don't have problems receiving local calls.

@wilts wrote:

I sometimes have an issue when my phone is on my hip 😞  Try putting it on your desk / counter and call it from a regular line and see if that works.  I need to leave my iphone on my desk or it wont ring 😞

Why in the wolrd would your phone not work on your hip? Do you have metal implant hip that creates interference? 😛

wilts
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

604Dave

It's a support ticket them. 

They are trying to call.  I ask them to call back office number.  

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is likely a phishing scam.  Microsoft does not call their customers.  I am sure the caller wants a chance to sell some Trojan software.  Best to mark those calls as spam.

604Dave

Just checked phone's block numbers and theres nothing.

No apps i installed that does that.  Unless bitdefender security blocks call spam.  How do i check?

Thanks

Someone_here
Mayor / Maire

By any chance, check if that number/contact isn't blocked in your phone settings or any related app... Do you have an app that filters calls/spam? 

Need Help? Let's chat.