cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls

Dianesb1000
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I ported my old VOIP number to this phone about 2 weeks ago.  Works fine except some incoming callers receive "number not is service" message.  It seems to work fine when I call it from my other Public Mobile cell.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

15 REPLIES 15

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541  

as i say before so maybe they port number is not completely ?

•  

Why are you asking? If you think that's what the problem is then claim it. It's already been well suggested to do something on that front. No need to ...again...repeat...(ironically enough as I and others repeat saying that.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541  

as i say before so maybe they port number is not completely ?

@Dianesb1000 

if you stuck with Transferring your old Phone Number,

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link
  • You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• please include in your message,
  • your phone number,
  • which carrier,

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

so to fix it need to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings, that you mean !!

Do you have experience or knowledge of porting a voip number? Is not APN for data? The issue is calls and texting and they work and data is the issue that is another problem to solve. 

Assuming that your data is already working, please do not make any changes to your APN settings.  APN settings cannot solve issues with the inability to receive some of your phone calls.

Sounds like op has mixed services.....port not complete. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

VOIP/landline or mobile, while doing porting if it is giving "number does not exist" that is your number has been either not released from old provider or not setup completely by new provider and its been stuck/failed. 

OP... Contact CSA for a deeper look at this. 

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

so to fix it need to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings, that you mean !!

Do you have experience or knowledge of porting a voip number? Is not APN for data? The issue is calls and texting and if they work and data is the issue that is another problem to solve. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

yeah i know they APN for data, so maybe they port number is not completely.

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 

No:  I mean that changing phone settings can't fix this.  You mentioned trying to change the phone to 3g mode.  That won't help.  When someone calls a Public Mobile customer and hears a  message that says "the number you are calling in no in service", that isn't something that the Public Mobile customer who is being called can correct by doing anything with the settings.  That's at the carrier end.  Also, changing APN settings can't fix phone call issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 

@Anonymous wrote:

@Dianesb1000 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

The settings of the phone of the person being called can't make a number go out of service.  In the case of a network/signal issue, the call would simply go to voicemail.  

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@Dianesb1000 wrote:

I ported my old VOIP number to this phone about 2 weeks ago.  Works fine except some incoming callers receive "number not is service" message.  It seems to work fine when I call it from my other Public Mobile cell.  Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Who was your voip provider?

I just moved to PM from voip.ms.....actually ported. 

Did you get a final text from PM to say the port is complete?

Can you test your device to both send and receive texts and calls?

Can you remove your DID from your voip supplier? <== warning don’t do unless you can do the above AND you have a port completion message from PM. 

If in doubt contact an agent. 

Completion of a port request from a voip account can take 5-7 days to complete. 

@Dianesb1000 

Check with your voip provider to see if you still have active service. If so you will have to reinitiate your port request.Your port should have completed by now. Other pm, koodo and telus customers can reach you but not other providers customers outside of the telus family.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@Dianesb1000 

Maybe you have a stuck port. I sent you a number to call. Check your inbox.

If not successful, you'll need to contact CS for help:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/chatbot.html?botId=ZJkWuVb7Hp6EEcTIZKMZbvLwuDV&duid=1n1doJroLwunnRGLWzZ...

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Dianesb1000 wrote:

'Some' incoming calls get this message? Can you provide some more details? In some cases +1 has to be added before area code.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dianesb1000 

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone 

This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

Need Help? Let's chat.