cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Calls & Some MMS Messages Not Working After Porting Number

MelKB
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI all.  I'm new to PM (as of Sep 28th).  It seems as though my port from my previous carrier to PM is stuck.  I've messaged the MODS on Friday evening.  It's now Monday evening and still no response.  I've taken the SIM out, shut the phone down, put the SIM back in and rebooted.  I've made sure all APN settings are correct.  Still not working.  2 of my 3 bosses complained to me that my phone isn't working as I've missed out on calls and important MMS messages from job sites.  Any other suggestions to try other than message the MODS since I'm still waiting on a response?  Thanks!!

@CS_Agent

19 REPLIES 19

Continue to use the Bell SIM until it doesn’t work.  Once the moderators get the port completed, the Bell SIM will stop working, and the ported number will work fully on your PM sim.

MelKB

Was unavailable to reply while commuting home. The Bell SIM was still receiving calls. MODs just responded now. Hopefully I'll get resolution soon. 

Thanks for all the tips! 😊

@srlawren, that’s my thought too.  Wonder if he will answer this question for us.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@stonechucker wrote:

Have you confirmed your old sim is no longer working?  I see many have suggested this, but I have not seen you confirm or deny it is working yet.

@stonechucker I'm going to say no, based on @MelKB's previous reply:

@MelKB wrote:

Yeah and I'm being billed by both companies at the moment 😞  I understood signing up for PM that there was no actual customer service department, but going on 72 hours and still no response makes me nervous.  This is my sole phone line.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Have you confirmed your old sim is no longer working?  I see many have suggested this, but I have not seen you confirm or deny it is working yet.

MelKB

I ported over around 7:00pm on Friday night, so it's likely I'm stuck.  I messaged the @CS_Agent on Friday night after waiting a few hours for the process to complete.  Sadly, I'm still waiting for a response.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@krazykiwi wrote:

Might be a provisioning problem within the PM system

@krazykiwi No, unlikely.  if it were provisioning issue, the outbound talk and/or sms wouldn't work either.

@MelKB wrote:

No, I ported over from my previous mobility company, but the guy at Wal-mart was new, so I was really hoping there was a simple step somewhere that maybe he had missed that I could correct and get my full service up and running.

@MelKB if it's been more than about 3 hours since the Walmart rep keyed in your info, it's likely they mistyped something and the port has failed.  Waiting for a response from the moderator team is your only option at this point, sadly.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@MelKB wrote:

Thanks, I'll look into that.

as @Dunkgirl mentioned I used textnow with my old phone for my little girl. No sim card and it works great for texting and calling as long as you have data or wifi.

MelKB

Thanks, I'll look into that.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MelKB wrote:

Yeah and I'm being billed by both companies at the moment 😞  I understood signing up for PM that there was no actual customer service department, but going on 72 hours and still no response makes me nervous.  This is my sole phone line.

If your data is working fine you can get a free 2nd or 3rd or 4th etc reliable number to text or call from the app store, fongo, textnow, etc Some of them are free calling, some of them are free texting, some of them are free both

@MelKB wrote:

Yeah, I understand your predicament. The cost of a cheap tier 3 carrier...less for less!

MelKB

@MelKB wrote:

No, I ported over from my previous mobility company, but the guy at Wal-mart was new, so I was really hoping there was a simple step somewhere that maybe he had missed that I could correct and get my full service up and running.

Might be a provisioning problem within the PM system, either way the MODs need to fix it!

MelKB

@MelKB wrote:

Data seems ok for the most part.  Just incoming MMS and calls.  Outgoing and web seem ok as does email.

Try your old sim, if it works then it is a stuck port for sure.

MelKB

Data seems ok for the most part.  Just incoming MMS and calls.  Outgoing and web seem ok as does email.

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@MelKB wrote:

HI all.  I'm new to PM (as of Sep 28th).  It seems as though my port from my previous carrier to PM is stuck.  I've messaged the MODS on Friday evening.  It's now Monday evening and still no response.  I've taken the SIM out, shut the phone down, put the SIM back in and rebooted.  I've made sure all APN settings are correct.  Still not working.  2 of my 3 bosses complained to me that my phone isn't working as I've missed out on calls and important MMS messages from job sites.  Any other suggestions to try other than message the MODS since I'm still waiting on a response?  Thanks!!

@CS_Agent

As @Dunkgirl mentioned, if you have a stuck port there is nothing we can do. However, your old sim should still work with your old number. If so, keep using it until it stops working then put in your PM sim.

tbark
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

After you porting from a landline phone? If you are, it can take 3-5 business to complete the port and you can run into this problem while waiting.

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@MelKB wrote:

@CS_Agent

Sounds like you have to wait as you probably have a partially completed port 😞

Is your data working ok? You could download a free VOIP app such as fongo to use for now.

Need Help? Let's chat.