cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In limbo

Will_52
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

#moderator

On Saturday (2 days ago) I went to London drugs and there registered and activated my SIM with PM. It immediately said "default error" and there was no connectivity. Clerk said to give it 24hrs.

Sunday (yesterday) no network connectivity yet. But my old network (Telus) SIM worked for text, calls, data etc. At 9 am I receive text from PM saying thanks for activating. 3 PM it says I've successfully referred a friend. 4 PM I receive PM pin. 

Today 2 AM telus SIM stopped working (connectivity) and neither has PM picked up connectivity yet. Also 2 AM text from PM saying transfer request successfully complete, thanks for joining us. Not sure which of these two events happened first. 

Presently it's night and more than 48hrs later since initial SIM activation and now I have no network connectivity at all. 

Please please help. 

Old telus account was "corporate individual account" but Telus assured me that they have released the account and the holdup is not on their end and that the port shows succesfull on their end. 

30 REPLIES 30

Will_52

So everything works now! 

It has been 4 days hrs since I started the transition, 48 hrs since first writing the mods, and 24hrs since writing the mods a second time.

According to the mods, "the phone number was not activated onto the SIM." This is something only they could've resolved as I've tried activating it myself via online unsuccessfully.

I'm assuming that my previous account with Telus being a corporate account created the initial holdup which then paused the activation with PM. By the time telus was done releasing my number and account, my activation with PM was in limbo and the only thing I could do was to contact PM to resolve it internally. This is only possible via messaging mods.

I appreciate every last person's help here. You guys really rock! 

Will_52

@Anonymous

Yeah they phoned the first day and PM said the problem is at the Telus side but being a Sunday (weekend +5gb promo had me activate on the weekend) 5 pm (after my work shift) they "were closed" according to sales clerk. Day two and onward clerks said they can't get through to PM as new accounts have a 24hr period thats linked to your number where they will answer. After that they don't answer apparently. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@geopublic wrote:

@Will_52 wrote:

@Dogbert

Nothing 😕

@Will_52  No point in tormenting your phone any further.It's not your phone or the sim the problem is with your account and the only ones that can help you resolve it is the @CS_Agent .

lol...tormenting 🙂

@Will_52 

Yeah I think the whole source of your adventure was your ""default error"" you said in your OP. Whatever that message means. You said you had been to the store several times. Weren't they able to call their support people at PM to sort it out?

@Will_52 wrote:

@Dogbert

Nothing 😕

@Will_52  No point in tormenting your phone any further.It's not your phone or the sim the problem is with your account and the only ones that can help you resolve it is the @CS_Agent .

Will_52

@Dogbert

Nothing 😕

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Will_52 wrote:

#moderator

On Saturday (2 days ago) I went to London drugs and there registered and activated my SIM with PM. It immediately said "default error" and there was no connectivity. Clerk said to give it 24hrs.

Sunday (yesterday) no network connectivity yet. But my old network (Telus) SIM worked for text, calls, data etc. At 9 am I receive text from PM saying thanks for activating. 3 PM it says I've successfully referred a friend. 4 PM I receive PM pin. 

Today 2 AM telus SIM stopped working (connectivity) and neither has PM picked up connectivity yet. Also 2 AM text from PM saying transfer request successfully complete, thanks for joining us. Not sure which of these two events happened first. 

Presently it's night and more than 48hrs later since initial SIM activation and now I have no network connectivity at all. 

Please please help. 

Old telus account was "corporate individual account" but Telus assured me that they have released the account and the holdup is not on their end and that the port shows succesfull on their end. 

Please try the following:

- turn off your phone

- eject the SIM card

- boot phone without SIM card (should say can't detect SIM card)

- turn off the phone

- put SIM card back in

- boot phone

I've had to do that with one of my family members phone and it resolved whatever was causing it not to work.

@Will_52 wrote:

Phone type and model: One plus three

Both Sim ports work and depending on which one I put the Sim into says "Sim X active"

Don't know how you know about the hidden menus with that *# code business but here's what it says:

Voice service: emergency calls only

Data service: disconnected 

Voice network type: unknown

Data network type: unknown 

Voice call status: idle

Roaming: not roaming

@Will_52  Those values are consistent with a sim that never has been activated or a sim that has been deactivated. Definitely an issue with your account.

@Will_52 wrote:

All yesterday my telus worked and I received those messages on Telus sim

Ok.  I knew that text messages get delivered to the Public Mobile sim card if the messages came from within Telus even before was completed, but I when the number is coming from Telus, I supposed that the Public Mobile system messages get delviered to the Telus service. 

As I was saying then, Public Mobile opened an account for you, ported the number in, but then never assigned any service to your sim card.  I hope that the moderators get to you soon.

Will_52

All yesterday my telus worked and I received those messages on Telus sim

Will_52

Phone type and model: One plus three

Both Sim ports work and depending on which one I put the Sim into says "Sim X active"

Don't know how you know about the hidden menus with that *# code business but here's what it says:

Voice service: emergency calls only

Data service: disconnected 

Voice network type: unknown

Data network type: unknown 

Voice call status: idle

Roaming: not roaming

@Will_52 wrote:

I have attempted every solution offered in this thread thus far without resolution. Sim in wife's phone doesn't work but she switched successfully to PM 5 minutes before me and her Sim and settings work. Hers were also telus to PM. We decided to do it together. So Sim in another phone is a no go as is account self serve creation. Phoning self does nothing. Network unavailable. Waiting on mod reply

When I asked what happens when you phone your number, I meant from another phone. While that won't sovle the issue of why you can't use your service, it would help to isolate if the number was actually transfered to Public Mobile or if the phone number was outright cancelled.

@Will_52 wrote:

@computergeek541

That's what's weird. I have no bars. No data, calls, texts etc.

My android 8.0.0 says "Sim 1 active"

Preferred network type is set to "2g/3g/4g automatic" 

Network operator is set to "choose automatically" 

Access point name (APN) changed manually from telus to public mobile as "sp.mb.com"

My phone also clearly says "no network connectivity"

I'm convinced the Sim and my phone and it's settings are not the cause. 99% sure. I think it's the network operators / account activation that hit a snag going from telus to Telus (public mobile) 

When you received those text messages from Public Mobile saying that the phone number was successfully transfered/completed, did you have the Telus sim card or the Public Mobile sim card in your phone?

To me, it sounds if Public Mobiles account was opened, but for some reason service is provisioned to your specific sim card.  You've already contacted the moderators, so likely, only they can fix this.

Will_52

I have attempted every solution offered in this thread thus far without resolution. Sim in wife's phone doesn't work but she switched successfully to PM 5 minutes before me and her Sim and settings work. Hers were also telus to PM. We decided to do it together. So Sim in another phone is a no go as is account self serve creation. Phoning self does nothing. Network unavailable. Waiting on mod reply

@Will_52  What type of phone is it? Does it support two sims? If yes, remove any other sim and put the PM sim in slot two. Restart your phone what happens?

Also dial *#*#4636#*#* under phonr information does it show network connection.

Will_52

I cannot create a self serve account as step one ask your phone number for them to text a validation code to. Literally just tried and a little load wheel goes for a handful of seconds and then step two highlights and says enter 6 digit code sent. Im thinking the network has an account set up for me but it's not linking to my phone. I've reset all cellular settings, restarted etc. Short from factory reset, I've tried everything as did the store clerk who was very knowledgeable. Today was day 3 of store troubleshooting with clerk 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Will_52 

Did you set up your self-serve account? (whether the clerk or you did) Have you been able to log in to see status?

Did you try the other ideas offered in this thread? ie. trying SIM in another unlocked compatible phone?

Will_52

@computergeek541

That's what's weird. I have no bars. No data, calls, texts etc.

My android 8.0.0 says "Sim 1 active"

Preferred network type is set to "2g/3g/4g automatic" 

Network operator is set to "choose automatically" 

Access point name (APN) changed manually from telus to public mobile as "sp.mb.com"

My phone also clearly says "no network connectivity"

I'm convinced the Sim and my phone and it's settings are not the cause. 99% sure. I think it's the network operators / account activation that hit a snag going from telus to Telus (public mobile) 

@Will_52What happens if you put the Public Mobile SIM card into another phone? Sounds like it is a phone setting issue more than a SIM issue.

@Will_52 wrote:

#moderator

Please please help. 

When you say no network connectivity, nothing works?  I ask because to receive those text messages from Public Mobile, you would have needed to have service/a Public Mobile network connection (unless maybe you're using iMessage?).

Or was it working but then stopped agin?

What happens if you call your phone number?

@Will_52 wrote:

Not self serve, the store clerk did everything 

@Will_52  Make sure your mobile network is set to auto and not Telus. If you still want to use manual mode make sure Public Mobile is selected. If you have an iPhone reset network settings. Since you still haven't signed up for self serve you must register first.

Click here to register your selfserve account.

Hope this helps!

Will_52

I've been back to London drugs every day for an hour plus and they restart and fidget with settings. 

JaimeLaPizza

Thanks in advance @Will_52 for your updates once you get input from a moderator, that's the spirit of this community !   

Will_52

Appreciate everyone's help. I've private mailed a moderator and will update as I get info for perhaps a future struggler 

JaimeLaPizza

@Will_52 , @Anonymous is right, you should set-up your self-serve account, it will provide useful information to understand what is wrong.   You will need an email address and your Public Mobile phone number.  Set it up here.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like your port did not work out... so a MOD will have to help out.

Can you log in to your online PM account?

Will_52

Not self serve, the store clerk did everything 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Will_52 

Was the self-serve account setup? If so, can you log in to it? If so, what does the status say? Active?

Did you restart the phone since Telus stopped working?

JaimeLaPizza

To remove your personnal info, click on the three little dots, in the top right corner of your post.

JackQuint

As @TheOldVR said, get your personal info out of that post. How on earth have you not been spammed to death or worse?

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Ummm.. please remove your personal info from your post...

Then contact a Moderator directly and they will be able to help you out!

Need Help? Let's chat.