cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to start.

marge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

So I bought a sim card 3 weeks ago now. I tried everything to activated it, without any success. I deeply regret having choose Publicmobile right now. As they advice me where I bought the sim card, I bought a voucher to refill my account. It did not accept my voucher when I try to activate it. So I thought that's ok I will just pay for the first payement buy credit card and then refill later with my voucher. And they said that's is impossible to accept the payement with the debit/credit card. So now I am stuck, I spend 40$ in the voucher and 10 $ for the sim card, for basically nothing. Is anyone has an idea?? If not, I think I will just give up right now. Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@margeHi Marge your post is a bit confusing.. can you clarify a few things? When you bought the SIM card at the store did they activate it for you? ie put the SIM card into the phone and it can dial in out?

The vouchers sometime need a few hours to be activated by the system.

I assume when you try to add the credit card, you have opened an account on the selfserve account (top right hand corner)..

Can you confirm these details?

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@marge  Trying to understand your statement  "I tried everything to activated it, without any success" So if you don't actually have an account because of failed activation, then how can you make a payment with a voucher or card?  You can't make a payment on an account that does not exist.

Maybe going back to the store where you bought the card and voucher and see if anyone can help set it up for you.  If they do, be sure to write down your account PIN # and password so you can go online at home to check your account.  Cheers

@Lieux wrote:

@geopublic wrote:

@marge wrote:

So I bought a sim card 3 weeks ago now. I tried everything to activated it, without any success. I deeply regret having choose Publicmobile right now. As they advice me where I bought the sim card, I bought a voucher to refill my account. It did not accept my voucher when I try to activate it. So I thought that's ok I will just pay for the first payement buy credit card and then refill later with my voucher. And they said that's is impossible to accept the payement with the debit/credit card. So now I am stuck, I spend 40$ in the voucher and 10 $ for the sim card, for basically nothing. Is anyone has an idea?? If not, I think I will just give up right now. Thanks

@marge Clear your browser's cache and try the activation using incognito mode. If yiu still cant get it working go back to the store where you purchased the card and voucher and they will help you with the activation.

It depends where he bought his card...but I don't think that he will have some help..Smiley Frustrated With the community he will have more help or with the moderator.Smiley Happy

@Lieux  Agree to disagree. Smiley Happy

marge
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Ok I will ask the moderators thanks a lot

@geopublic wrote:

@marge wrote:

@marge Clear your browser's cache and try the activation using incognito mode. If yiu still cant get it working go back to the store where you purchased the card and voucher and they will help you with the activation.

It depends where he bought his card...but I don't think that he will have some help..Smiley Frustrated With the community he will have more help or with the moderator.Smiley Happy

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@marge Try activating it again using the Chrome browser in incognito mode. For the vouchers, if you bought one in store the activation code is probably on the receipt, it's 12 digits numbers only.

If it's still not working you will need to contact the moderators, you can send them a private message here: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@marge wrote:

RossN
Mayor / Maire

Lets try and figure this out ok are you saying you are getting booted out of the sign up page

Need Help? Let's chat.