cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to proceed with SIM activation/registration - Stuck at step 2, new number

e-leven
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I am trying to activate / register my new PM sim and I am stuck at step number 2, where I must choose whether to port or to get a new number. I want a new number but this does not seem to be possible. There is no area code number to choose from, all I get is a blank (dysfunctional) dropdown. I am new to PM, but from what I understand they do operate fully in Quebec. And since I live right next to the Montreal downtown area, it must not be a problem with my location I assume and hope.. I mean not having any numbers available for some more remote areas for ex (*since the numbers are derived dynamically from the user's address in step one). 

I tried both with Firefox and Chrome, same problem. Screenshot->

empty-area-code-dropdown.png

PS: *I checked the js console in ff on my second time around and there were no errors. Well, there was the https mixed content blocked thingy, but I reloaded the page without the block and it was the same, so it doesn't count I guess.

Thanks

12 REPLIES 12

KiranMantri
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm having the same problem...

stuck at the new number page - field for local area number is empty

It really is hard to believe you have this so basic programming bug for so long.

Unbelievable !

How to solve it ?

Please, need help urgent !

Thanks

Kiran

Pirahna97

Hey, @e-leven a friend of mine is having the same problem, how did you fix it?

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@e-leven, don't worry about it! When you send me a message refresh your the community page from time to time, because we do not send notifications for private messages. 

We are here to help 🙂 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

e-leven

Hi Shazia I'm really sorry I did not receive a notification for and did not see it.

I will send you the info, thank you very much.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @e-leven,

I sent you a detailed reply yesterday at 1:01 pm can you please open my message and reply back ? 

Thanks 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

e-leven

Hello Shazia,

I sent you a PM with the info you requested more than 24hrs ago and I haven't received a reply. Could you please give me an estimation as to how long it will take to get my sim card registered?

Thank you

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @e-leven,

I'm really sorry to see that you were having issues activating your SIM card.

I will be glad to assist you with this process, would you kindly send me your Public Mobile SIM card number as well as the email address used for activation?

Thanks,

Shazia

@e-leven Thanks for the confirmation. Our community moderator @Shazia_K should be able to assist you further. Please wait upto 24 hours for her to respond directly.

e-leven

This doesn't seem to be the problem. I wrote the previous post without really considering that the cache / cookie was the culprit, because :

a-) I noticed that when you first get to step 2 the option for getting a new number is preselected by default, yet there is no dropdown visible at this point (this seems wrong and it's likely that should not happen). To get the dropdown to appear (albeit empty), you need to toggle between the options. So select option to port brings port over form and then select new number brings the empty dropdown.

No new phone option on page load

b-) The other reason I thought this, was because my chrome browser is used for web dev and testing and so the cache / cookies are regularly cleared (+ I don't think I ever visited the PM site before with this browser, let alone try to register or anything like that).

1- So in a nutshell I tried with all cookies / cache cleared and got the same result.

2- I then tried this registration/activation from my mobile (android), same thing exaclty.

3- I then recleared all cookie cache and opened an in cognito tab(!) to try. Still same.

The only good thing that has come out of this so far is that I finally know my postal code by heart 😐

Thanks

Sounds good, @e-leven. Please let us know, one way or another.

e-leven

Ok thanks I'll give it a go.

Mayor / Maire

@e-leven In the past, PM community staff has insisted that this issue is caused due to something related to cookies/cache. Can you please clear your cache and cookies and confirm if the issue persists?

Need Help? Let's chat.