cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Impossible to get help for banned users?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

How do public mobile subscribers contact support with a banned forum account? When a public mobile customer gets banned from the forum, they have also been banned from all types of account support. They are still customers of public mobile and they are still paying for a service.

I read through the terms of service of public mobile and they can terminate your service at any point, but says nothing about terminating only your customer support while keeping your service active and collecting payments at full price.

I think without an in self-serve ticket system, or allowing access to the community with only privileges to private message the moderator team something is wrong. Even people in jail are allowed oxygen, food and water.

Edit- Just create a new community account.

@CS_Agent wrote:

This customer would need to create a new account on the community and message us with it :D.

19 REPLIES 19

Lag333
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This community forum is so tame compared to red flag deals. You’d have to like report everybody there. Half the people are so rude, unappreciative, and just downright cheap. You try to help people by letting them know things and you basically get attacked and called a liar. I’m not a huge fan of PM but I do like a lot of people on this forum! 

For future banned users who are reading this post looking for an answer.

@CS_Agent wrote:

This customer would need to create a new account on the community and message us with it :D.

/thread

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow.

So it seems there is division. One Oracle (who I would have some faith in having the reasonable arms-length response) implies that Oracles wouldn't have the answer. Two others go all authoritarian (which always presses my buttons) saying yeah well behave and you can keep getting support.

If you're aiming at me, my reasoning are based on my opinion. The banning decision is not up to us, but if i see something unpleasant posted intentionally, i will continue to report. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

Honestly, I never got the memo on what happens to banned community accounts as far as service support goes.  Color me confused, I just don't know.  So I am not going to make up something or give an opinion which is why I suggested that this be taken private.  The bickering serves no useful purpose. 

Apologies all around. I got riled by the pointless snark.

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow.

So it seems there is division. One Oracle (who I would have some faith in having the reasonable arms-length response) implies that Oracles wouldn't have the answer. Two others go all authoritarian (which always presses my buttons) saying yeah well behave and you can keep getting support.

Something seems wrong here.

A company of course has the right to decline service to a paying cuistomer. But if the paying customer is still paying then THEY deserve the dang support until the company stops serving the customer regardless of how they're behaving.

Why must authoritarian-ness enter into this anyway? It's just a phone service. We get rewarded a few sheckles for participating here. Some are especially rewarded to a lifted status for all their deserved hard work here. That. Does. Not. Confer. Any. Special. Power. Over. The rest.

And come on...it's twenty bucks. Seriously?

Honestly, I never got the memo on what happens to banned community accounts as far as service support goes.  Color me confused, I just don't know.  So I am not going to make up something or give an opinion which is why I suggested that this be taken private.  The bickering serves no useful purpose. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow.

Something seems wrong here.

A company of course has the right to decline service to a paying cuistomer. But if the paying customer is still paying then THEY deserve the dang support until the company stops serving the customer regardless of how they're behaving.

Why must authoritarian-ness enter into this anyway? It's just a phone service. We get rewarded a few sheckles for participating here. Some are especially rewarded to a lifted status for all their deserved hard work here. That. Does. Not. Confer. Any. Special. Power. Over. The rest.

And come on...it's twenty bucks. Seriously?

lucag
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I agree. Any issue regardless if it is a one off, should be a topic of discussion. This ensures community development, which is a long-term endeavour. 

I am wondering if it is the same as some of the other forums I am on.  Where they can restrict public posting capabilities and just allow private messaging to certain groups like people with a Mod tag.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Users get banned for a reason. If they wanted support, they should not act in a way that gets them banned. They usually warn them before banning, so its up to the user to behave and if they don't, too bad they didn't listen. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Well did they deserve to get banned? Maybe they should look for another carrier.  If they got banned I'm sure they was ample reason, and the decision was not taken lightly.

I guess they simply could ask you to get them help, like they are doing now. 

@will13am wrote:

@RobertQc , why don't you take this private and ask for clarification.  This will avoid the divisive discussions which serves little purpose.  None of us have the answer.  

@will13am  Good point. I sent a message to the mods on their behalf.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@RobertQc , why don't you take this private and ask for clarification.  This will avoid the divisive discussions which serves little purpose.  None of us have the answer.  

@mimmo wrote:

@RobertQc  again  those were just my thoughts. There might be something more sofisticated behind being banned... I'm not going to try and test the system.

I don't think many users have been banned, so not really sure the need for this discussion.

If it effects even one person then it should be discussed.

@mimmo  I will not name any names, but I am asking this on behalf of a member that was banned.

This is a legitimate question. They currently have no way to contact support.

mimmo

@RobertQc  again  those were just my thoughts. There might be something more sofisticated behind being banned... I'm not going to try and test the system.

I don't think many users have been banned, so not really sure the need for this discussion.

@mimmo  If that works this way, being "banned" only stops you from gaining rewards, never stops you from getting help or stops you continuing doing whatever got you banned in the first place?

@mimmo wrote:

Could they not simply create a new community account?

Having a banned account will mean basically the can not receive rewards to their pm account, unless they change their Self-serve email to match their new community account. 

@mimmo  Ok, so in theory I can tell everone to go F them selves, upload a bunch of nudes, spam the forum till I get banned. RobertQc is banned.

Then I could just create a new community account called "RobertQc2" and just like that I can be back on the community (just no rewards) ?

But usually if you are banned from a forum and you just create a new account if the forums moderators find out that's what you did they will ban the new account. Here, if you had a problem with your account and needed the moderators help you would be connecting your new community account with your phone account and they could see that you'd been banned before.

mimmo

Could they not simply create a new community account?

Having a banned account will mean basically the can not receive rewards to their pm account, unless they change their Self-serve email to match their new community account. 

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
I've wondered the same thing, considering what happens on some other forums and how often people can be banned.
Need Help? Let's chat.