cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: ISSUES WITH PORTING NUMBER

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hello @muhammadhayat

Would you please provide us with your Public Mobile temporary phone number or account number and the Pin's account.

We also need the Fido phone number and account number.

Thanks

Lucian PM Mod

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for the response. Do you want me to post all this information in this thread? I am not sure how can I respond to you in private?

Thanks

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Stuntman733 wrote:

Same as me. Has been over 30 hours. Fido cant do anything for me. I have sent multiple PM to moderators, waiting for the number to be ported. Sent the moderators all the information they need. Have not got a reply.

I know the rates on Public Mobile are good. That is why I will remain patient.

@Stuntman733  A moderator just got in touch or reached to @muhammadhayat  so hopefully your next on the list. However if they don't great in touch tonight or there isn't a message waiting for you in your private message box by morning call the telus porting department in the morning. They are closed now. 1 877 868 3587 and have your fido acct # handy. Welcome to public mobile.

@muhammadhayat  Go to the top right corner of your screen and click on the envelope icon next to your avatar. There should be message from the moderator waiting for you. Reply to that with your info. Never give that info on the community.

Mayor / Maire

@muhammadhayat wrote:

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hello @muhammadhayat

Would you please provide us with your Public Mobile temporary phone number or account number and the Pin's account.

Thanks

Lucian PM Mod

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for the response. Do you want me to post all this information in this thread? I am not sure how can I respond to you in private?

Thanks

@muhammadhayat 

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

@darlicious wrote:

@muhammadhayat  Go to the top right corner of your screen and click on the envelope icon next to your avatar. There should be message from the moderator waiting for you. Reply to that with your info. Never give that info on the community.

I dont see any private message as of now. I am wondering if I should wait for his request through a private message first. But thanks for pointing out

@muhammadhayat wrote:

@Moderator_Team wrote:

Hello @muhammadhayat

Thanks

Lucian PM Mod

Hi Lucian,

Thanks

@muhammadhayat 

Never post privatre/personal information about yourself or account here.

@Lucian_G 

Was your message perhaps meant to be sent to the member in private?  Too often, we've seen people reply to such forum messages and post all information in full view for everyone to see, even to those who don't work for Public Mobile.

Thanks @geopublic  for providing that link to @muhammadhayat  hopefully you have responded to Lucian's request as it's almost quitting time for the mods.  @computergeek541  thanks for the reminder to @Lucian_G  I would have thought a private message would have been waiting there already. Maybe the @Moderator_Team can reach out to @Stuntman733 before the finish for the day to fix his port too!

@darlicious wrote:

Thanks @geopublic  for providing that link to @muhammadhayat  hopefully you have responded to Lucian's request as it's almost quitting time for the mods.  @computergeek541  thanks for the reminder to @Lucian_G  I would have thought a private message would have been waiting there already. Maybe the @Moderator_Team can reach out to @Stuntman733 before the finish for the day to fix his port too!

Lucian did reach out to me and I have messaged him the details. Having used other forums aswell, I find Public Mobile's to be a bit confusing. Before posting a thread there should be a clear notice stating that one should not post any provate information on a public thread. Also, I am finding it difficult to figure out who actually works for PM and who is a member of public? Moderators or Team Managers should have pictures with positions in PM detailed to assist customers. Thats just my thought tbh. 
Appreciate everyone's input. Thanks

@muhammadhayat  Moderators do not often respond to or post on the community and are easily identified by bold lettering and their name and _mod id  like the general team one @Moderator_Team  or in your case @Lucian_G  (mod). All other members of the community are customers or the general public checking out public mobile deciding if they want to switch. The Oracle's like @computergeek541  also have bold lettering and are also easily identified .... who are trusted and valued members of the community and usually long term customers who are very knowledgeable about pm and very dedicated. However only share personal info and/of account info in private messages with moderators.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yup, its complete BS.

Oh and so you know, if you port out your number, they close your account and won't let you use it anymore, even if there's still money in there. You cant even assign another phone number to your account. How is that not fraudulent?