cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IS ANYONE OUT THERE? HOW DO I ACCESS MY ACCOUNT!!!!!!!!

Joey_1975
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello - First let me get my frustration out of the way and say this process of communicating with PM via messaging and email is totally nerve wrecking!

I sent two direct messages on Friday to Mods with no response to date (I understand they may be overloaded with messages but that statement alone is indicative of how poor their customer service response is).

I've sent an email to customer service and it's like they never read the details to my problem and gave me a generic answer - now what? what another 48 hours for a response?  geeze

OK - sorry for the ranting - I just need to get it out of my system.  I'll reiterate my problem and hopefully someone can help me in a timely fashion.  

Problem

I activated a SIM on Friday morning in order to take advantage of the promo offered to FM customers.  At the end of the process I received an error message that said "Oops ... It seems that something went wrong .. Please href=" https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help" Target="_blank">email us to get your account operational. We apologize for any inconvenience."

I then received an email that says - 

"Hello Giuseppe,

We’re excited to have you as a new Public Mobile customer.  Here’s some important information about your account:

- Your 4-digit PIN has been successfully registered. You may need it to make changes to your account.
- Your Self Serve account has been successfully created. You will need your email address when logging in to Self Serve.

Here is a summary of your plan and any selected add-ons:

Pick & Pay$120.00

Optional Add-Ons:

None$0

Pre-Tax Total:$120.00

Tax:$15.60

Total Amount Owing:$135.60

AutoPay Info:

You've signed up for AutoPay, which means you never have to worry about missing a payment! Your credit or VISA debit card has been registered on your account.

Your next AutoPay payment date is : 7/1/2017

Thanks again for choosing Public Mobile and let’s keep the conversation going.
Public Mobile"

Great - I have an account but when I try to login with my login info used at registration - my email is not recognized.

I have an account number assigned to me.

I sent an email to PM and they point me to a link to register my account - but when I enter the phone number I used to port over - the system says it doesn't recognize the number.  The port process must have not worked as my Freedom line is still active. So I don't understand how my PM is active if I have no access to it?  

So, I tried to go through the activation process again but it says my SIM is already activated.

Please for the love of GOD - what do I do the resolve this issue?

17 REPLIES 17

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

When you activated your SIM , either self serve online , or in a retail store, you would have provided an email address. Go to the Public Mobile web page and if you have not registered for an online account , do so by clicking on " create an account:. Use the email address you provided either at selserve set up or when you set up in store.

Follow the on line prompts and register. 

If you have already registered for an online account and forget your password , then go to the Public Websfte and use your email address which you use and then click on : forgot password. This will bring you to a page to enter your active enail and Public Mobile will send you an email with a link to reset your password.

Cheers

Gregmt

When you enter your credit card , the address you have on file for Public Mobile account has to be the same as the billing adress of the credit card. Check to make sure these 2 addresses are the same. 

Next if this does not work, then reach out to the modorators in private message and let them know of your situation. Once they reply privately , give them your credit card info and they will be able to add that card to your account. 

Cheers

pigeon145
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I'm trying to register my new visa card but cannot do so online.  Please help.

pigeon145
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am trying to register my new visa credit card so that I many pay my bill but I cannot do so.  Please help

Joey_1975

Thanks for the tip ..... @will13am

Did you already activate your SIM ? Or still planning to activate.? Or stuck on porting. ?
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

guinness22
Shariz. My freedom plan expires today I sent u a private message urgent Ben

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Joey_1975 wrote:

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you

That was resolved amazingly quickly!

Glad it worked out. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Joey_1975, there's no need to lose self control.  It might take a bit of waiting to receive service, but one you do, the response is accurate and solution happens in first contact.  It's a lot better than being in the phone for 2 hours.

I mentioned this on a separate thread, but it's worth mentioning again.  Where activation involves porting, a failed port will also fail account setup.  So, after the port is resubmitted, there's a need to create the account again.  Much of what was entered during activation seems to be there.  Be careful to enable auto pay for the credit.

Joey_1975

Thank-you Thank-you Thank-you

That was resolved amazingly quickly!

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Can you please create your self-serve account here https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Joey_1975

Thanks for the prompt response - I read the message - perfect.  But how do I access the account online now?  It doesn't recognize my login credentials used on sign up.

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hello @Joey_1975

Sorry about this! 

Please check your private messages, I have replied back to you. 

Thanks @Samianauman 🙂

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Joey_1975

Thank-you - I actually just sent her a DM begging for help (shortly after I posted this message).  After sending two other direct messages to Mods with no response I'm hoping she can help.  It's so frustrating but I get the process - thanks for your help.

Since its been a while for you. And shazia working i m tagging her for you maybe she can fix it up for u
@Shazia_K
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Joey_1975

I can't even access the account online - no I don't have any service!

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
Its seems like still under porting process or maybe stuck in porting process. As you mentioned freedom sim still have all services running. Did you tried public mobile sim and any services on that or no ?
Need Help? Let's chat.