cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPhone4 Activation issue

Alleyoop
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi.This AM I took out my 7-11 Speakout SIM card (I had been a 7-11 speakout cutomer for 2 years; previous to that a Rogers customer) and installed a PM SIM card.I went through the PM application process of transferring the 7-11 tel # (xxx-xxx-xxxx) to PM including selecting the $10 plan and payment info.It is 3 oclock in afternoon.I have no service.I checked my old 7-11 acct and it is now expired.Any hints n getting iphone4 activated on PM?tX aL

Edited by computergeek541: personal information removed

18 REPLIES 18

Alleyoop

OK , I called Rogers to get unlocked.

I gave them the IMEI #.

They checked and confirmed it already had been unlocked.

OK now what!?

I decided to take the PM SIM card out of the phone ; then placed it back in the phone.

Voila, the phone is now activated.....not sure why this procedure worked.....

Tx all, for your ideas and suggestions.

Cheers Al

JAC70

https://www.rogers.com/customer/support/article/unlock-your-phone/op-iOS

If you have an older Rogers iPhone that still needs to be unlocked (it does not work with a non-Rogers SIM card), call 1 855 381-7835 for help getting the device unlocked for you. Once this is done, just insert a non-Rogers SIM card to complete the unlock process.

Alleyoop

OK,looking at the diagram I have an iphone 4.

OK , I hear you on the unlock issue.

You recommended connecting to iTunes on my computer to apply the unlock.

What would be the detailed procedure?

TX Al

@Alleyoop wrote:

In addition to the info above, here are some other specs for my iphone 4

1.Version 7.1.2 (11D257)

2Model# MC603C/A

3.Serial # 82043C52A4S

4.IMEI: 01 254600 960469 3

5.ICCID: 8912 2300 0045 7903 995

Does anybody understand any of the above info?

Will this phone work on PM?

If not, how do I close down my account?

Tx AL

@Alleyoop  Since you phone works with Rogers and Speakout it will work with Public Mobile, so that's not the issue. The issue is your phone is locked as mentioned by @CalgaryBen  so you need to contact Rogers to get it unlocked.

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alleyoop wrote:

1.Version 7.1.2 (11D257)

Yes, this is the latest iOS for the iPhone 4, which is compatible with Public Mobile.  You'll just have to unlock it first, and only Rogers can do that.  You'll then have to connect to iTunes on your computer to complete the unlock once they've submitted the unlock to Apple's servers.

Alleyoop

1.Version 7.1.2 (11D257)

2Model# MC603C/A

3.Serial # ============

4.IMEI: 01 ============

5.ICCID: =============

Does anybody understand any of the above info?

If not, how do I close down my account?

Tx AL

CalgaryBen
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Alleyoop wrote:

I have no service.I checked my old 7-11 acct and it is now expired.Any hints n getting iphone4 activated on PM?tX aL

You should contact Rogers to have the iPhone 4 unlocked.  If it's an iPhone 4 (and not 4S), you'll need to connect to iTunes on your computer to apply the unlock.  If it's a 4S, then it should be over-the-air unlockable, as long as you're connected to WiFi.  If you're not sure, refer to the following:iPhone4-4s.jpg SpeakOut uses the Rogers network, hence not needing to unlock the Rogers phone to use SpeakOut.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@geopublic wrote:

@srlawrenHe's been using it on Speakout and Rogers so It's more than likely Sub-model: A1332 GSM that supports 3G.

@geopublic thanks, yes I noticed that moments after posting and did edit my post.  Looks like you hit the quote button before I had the chance! Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@Alleyoop wrote:

When I checked to see if iphone is compatible this is what I recd:

Learn about your phone's compatibility with our network:

• Sub-model:  A1349 CDMA
    3G

Device does not support 3G bands

4G LTE

Device does not support 4G LTE bands

• Sub-model:  A1332 GSM
    3G

850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE

@Alleyoop this is your issue.  That phone does not have the 3G UMTA/W-CDMA support needed for use with...well with any Canadian carrier.  It's probalby only useful on Sprint or Verizon, as I think they still run CDMA networks alongside newer LTE networks.

@srlawrenHe's been using it on Speakout and Rogers so It's more than likely Sub-model: A1332 GSM that supports 3G.

srlawren

@Alleyoop wrote:

3G

4G LTE

3G

850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE

@Alleyoop EDIT: if you have the A1349, this is your issue.  That phone does not have the 3G UMTA/W-CDMA support needed for use with...well with any Canadian carrier.  It's probalby only useful on Sprint or Verizon, as I think they still run CDMA networks alongside newer LTE networks.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alleyoop wrote:

3G

4G LTE

3G

850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE

So which submodel do you have?

Alleyoop

3G

4G LTE

3G

850MHz, 1900MHz

4G LTE

@Alleyoop wrote:

Geo Public, Ill try to answer your questions this way:

1.This morning before changing SIM cards my Speakout acct was still active.It still had $3 on the account.

What happens when you insert you PM sim card. Do you connect to the PM network?

2.During the PM activation process I never did close it.

Good. The account will close once the port completes.

3.When I signed back on the Speakout acct about 2 hours after PM activation I noticed the acct had expired.

When you login into your PM selfserve account go to Plan & Add-ons does it show your Speakout number?

4.I never had any issues with the application/activation process from a "filling in " data perspective.

Most of the problems occur when PM submits the port using the info that you supplied and being denied by the previous provider. Did you include the PIN?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Click the Get Started button at top of page, then scroll down to find out if your 4 is going to be compatable with Public Mobile network.

Good luck.

srlawren

@hycm53 wrote:

I'm not sure iPhone 4 is compatible with PM.

@hycm53 it is.  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/FYI-iOS-and-APNs/m-p/323119/highlight... from @CalgaryBen talks about how to configure the APN.  (Not that this is the issue here for @Alleyoop , sounds more like an activation issue, or a network-locked device).

Alleyoop

Geo Public, Ill try to answer your questions this way:

1.This morning before changing SIM cards my Speakout acct was still active.It still had $3 on the account.

2.During the PM activation process I never did close it.

3.When I signed back on the Speakout acct about 2 hours after PM activation I noticed the acct had expired.

4.I never had any issues with the application/activation process from a "filling in " data perspective.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Alleyoop wrote:

Hi.This AM I took out my 7-11 Speakout SIM card (I had been a 7-11 speakout cutomer for 2 years; previous to that a Rogers customer) and installed a PM SIM card.I went through the PM application process of transferring the 7-11 tel #(xxx-xxx-xxxx) to PM including selecting the $10 plan and payment info.It is 3 oclock in afternoon.I have no service.I checked my old 7-11 acct and it is now expired.Any hints n getting iphone4 activated on PM?tX aL

@Alleyoop  Did you pick a temp PM number and then setup the port or did you setup the port during activation. Speakout does not use account numbers so you need to include your PIN number that you setup with Speakout. If you did not setup a PIN number then the last 4 digits of the IMEI that was used during activation.

The fact that your Speakout account was de-activated suggests that the port might have completed or did your account expire. Note for a port to complete your account needs to be active.

Restart your phone if it doesn't work message the mods with the correct Speakout info.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Restart your phone if

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Alleyoop wrote:

Hi.This AM I took out my 7-11 Speakout SIM card (I had been a 7-11 speakout cutomer for 2 years; previous to that a Rogers customer) and installed a PM SIM card.I went through the PM application process of transferring the 7-11  to PM including selecting the $10 plan and payment info.It is 3 oclock in afternoon.I have no service.I checked my old 7-11 acct and it is now expired.Any hints n getting iphone4 activated on PM?tX aL

I'm not sure iPhone 4 is compatible with PM.

Need Help? Let's chat.