cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INVALID SIM - second time buying a sim. trying to register sim. NOT WORKING

ADAMADAM
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I didn't realize My account would be deactivated after a certain amount of time, so I went out and bought a new SIM  card for Public Mobile. I try to enter the pin on activate.publicmobile.ca.

But when I enter the SIM and info I am being told that the sim is Invalid. It also won't let me use the same email I used for my last account. And I cannot log into my old account.

11 REPLIES 11

@ADAMADAM  I'm happy to hear you got set up. Welcome back to public mobile.

ADAMADAM

Big thanks!

ADAMADAM

yup. I guess it got canceled.

ADAMADAM

thank you. yeah im trying again with a new sim & new email.

ADAMADAM

Koodo

@ADAMADAM 

So you have two issues....you started the activation process. Entered the new SIM card and got to the email address and discovered you couldn't use your old email address from your deactivated account.

@poppinghas given you advice on possibly getting your email address back...or maybe you've just decided to use an email alias or just a new email address all together.

So you start the activation process again and now you get the invalid sim message. This because you started the activation before the last session has timed out. You have to wait about an hour before attempts.

Remember to clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in Firefox, chrome or safari to help avoid error messages and a smoother activation. Good luck.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@popping wrote:

@ADAMADAM wrote:

I didn't realize My account would be deactivated after a certain amount of time, so I went out and bought a new SIM  card for Public Mobile. I try to enter the pin on activate.publicmobile.ca.

But when I enter the SIM and info I am being told that the sim is Invalid. It also won't let me use the same email I used for my last account. And I cannot log into my old account.

If you did not pay on your renewal date, your account will be suspended.

90 days after your account was suspended, your account will be cancelled.

If this applied to you, your old account and old phone number are not available any more.

You need to start with a different email address and new SIM card to activate a new account.

@ADAMADAM 

If you want to use your old email address again, you need moderator to remove your old email address from PM server.

Create a moderator support ticket for help using the ? button at the right side bottom corner of this page.

1. Tell SIMon what is the issue
2. Ask for "moderator"
3. SIMon will give your 2 choices. Click on the "Account-specific question"
4. Then, click on "No, I want a human"
5. Click "Submit a ticket"
6. Follow instruction to create support ticket.
Good luck.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Where did you buy your SIM from @ADAMADAM ?

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@ADAMADAM wrote:

If you did not pay on your renewal date, your account will be suspended.

90 days after your account was suspended, your account will be cancelled.

If this applied to you, your old account and old phone number are not available any more.

You need to start with a different email address and new SIM card to activate a new account.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@ADAMADAM Was it more than 90 days your account was sitting at suspended status?

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@ADAMADAM wrote:

@ADAMADAM talk with SIMON: click the "?" in lower right side of the page, type "contact moderator", and follow directions. OR send a message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 Give as much info as possible.

Need Help? Let's chat.