cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INCOMING CALLS FROM OUTSIDE CANADA

Rck
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

With "Canada wide unlimited", am I correct in thinking I receive all such calls from outside Canada for free and with no limit to minutes?

18 REPLIES 18

selva1
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You will be able to receive free calls all over the world but only catch is that you will not receive collect calls since it is a prepaid service.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Master2000 wrote:

In Canada, it doesn’t matter who/where is the caller.

In Canada, the receiver pay depending where he is physically located when he receive the call according to his plan. Public Mobile is not the only company in Canada. Of course you have to look to the condition of your plan. Your plan can have no incoming minutes included, limited incoming minutes, unlimited incoming minutes, unlimited incoming minutes from group, etc.

Agreed. But here we are on the Public Mobile community help site. The only plan on offer here that has limited incoming is the $10 plan. All other talk plans have unlimited.

You could possibly define that as "receiver pay". But in it's own way it's really about what used to be called air time. And there are no extra things to pay. All pre-pay.

Master2000

In Canada, the receiver pay depending where he is physically located when he receive the call according to his plan. Public Mobile is not the only company in Canada. Of course you have to look to the condition of your plan. Your plan can have no incoming minutes included, limited incoming minutes, unlimited incoming minutes, unlimited incoming minutes from group, etc.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Master2000 wrote:

The receiver pay depending where he is physically located when he receive the call according to his plan.

I don't think that's ever been true. The caller calls long distance. The caller pays.

Airtime on the other hand does get consumed but only the $10 plan uses minutes for "receiving" here...that are prepaid. When the prepaid minutes are gone then you can't use any talking. Then you have to buy any of the add-ons if you want to keep talking.

I suppose one could say that that is "receiver pay". But no other plans here have that limitation for incoming.

@Master2000 wrote:

The receiver pay depending where he is physically located when he receive the call according to his plan.

@Master2000...read the post just above your latest post. The one authored by @Anonymous 

Master2000

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Master2000 wrote:

The receiver pay depending where he is physically located when he receive the call.

So you're new here. Welcome. This is incorrect. In the case of this place...the "receiver" doesn't pay anything to receive a call.

Indirectly with the limited minute plans is as close to receiver-pay as you'll get.

Master2000

The receiver pay depending where he is physically located when he receive the call.

Jdmom3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That’s what I mean. Long distance incoming calls do not charge the receiver for long distance charges. 

@Jdmom3 wrote:

Incoming calls are always free. 

No, they're not.  You must pay for the service to receive calls. Additionally, incoming calls will still use up minutes if you have the $10 price plan.

I do agree that it does not matter where a call comes from.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jdmom3 wrote:

You will only be charged if you make a long distance call. Incoming calls are always free. 

Well...you're still learning...there are no "charges" here. You need to prepay for any available services you wish to use.

Jdmom3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You will only be charged if you make a long distance call. Incoming calls are always free. 

All unlimited calling plans will allow all incoming calls.

The $10 50min Canada-Wide calling plan will stop receiving and outgoing when it hit's its limit.  However, $5 for 500 minutes Canada-wide minutes will allow both incoming and outgoing call to resume.  There are also other add-ons available for US and Internation (to 18 specific) countries.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Rck wrote:

With "Canada wide unlimited", am I correct in thinking I receive all such calls from outside Canada for free and with no limit to minutes?

In Canada, the caller who calls you will pay the long distance.  But you will be using your plan calling minutes.

@zfx wrote:

I'm with $15 which includes unlimited income calls.

Since PM is prepaid service I assume that we won't get charged for receiving international calls from anywhere around the world as long as you are in Canada

@zfx  Your assumption is correct. Smiley Happy

zfx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm with the $15 plan which includes unlimited income calls.

Since PM is prepaid service I assume that we won't get charged for receiving international calls from anywhere around the world as long as you are in Canada

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@RckWell you wont be receiving such calls from outside Canada unless you are in the States and have the Roaming package.. so answer to your question is no.

Oops misread it.. yes if you are in Canada then all calls from anywhere would be free and doesn't cost money. They will still count it in usage, there will be minute count but again the line item will be $0.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Rck wrote:

@Rck  Yes that is correct all incoming calls from anywhere in the world are free.

Need Help? Let's chat.