cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

IMEI number not recognized

My phone is samsung galaxy s6 edge and the IMEI number I entered to check whether I can use this phone with Public Mobile services, it says number not found. How can I find out whether my phone will work?

Mayor / Maire

Re: IMEI number not recognized

Did you try to check Pm website
https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started Click on that then phone scroll down it's will give u tutorial how to get imei and then you can check imei their as well if that doesn't work then Check your phone imei on swappa website
Also what's the model number I can check for you and provide a link for u
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**

Checking a phone's IMEI number with Public Mobile's web compatibility checker is not a requirement for a phone's use.  In fact, any IMEI database is going to have some errors and missing data.  it's a general guide only.  Where did you purchase your S6 Edge from (was it from another carrier)?  Knowing the exact model would be helpful because there are often multiple variants of a phone made for different regions, sometimes only some of which will be compatible.

Mayor / Maire

If s6 edge was originally from Telus Koodo bell fido rogers tmobile at&t or any other major gsm carrier then it will work for sure as long phone is unlocked and clean imei which means not blacklisted or report lost or stolen if it's clean and one of those carrier it will work
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Oracle

You can check for compatibility with PM's network on this site:
http://willmyphonework.net/
According to that site, most Samsung S6 models produced for global or North America will work with PM. You'd need your exact variant to be sure though.

As mentioned, IMEI checkers are only useful for checking if the phone has been blacklisted (e.g. stolen) or not.

Oracle

It's well documented that the IMEI checker is broken.  In fact, I put in a labs suggestion to get rid of it and refer customers to willmyphonework.net.

Mayor / Maire

Here is the Golden rule:

If Handset came from Telus/Koodo, you're all set, no need to unlock

PM uses Telus's HSPA+4G Network

3G: 850/1900 MHz: Bare Minimum requirement for Talk, Txt & Data

4G LTE: 1700/2100 MHz: Only Data, VOLTE is not yet available, maybe later

Telus has NO/ ZERO, ZIP, 2G GSM 

Mayor / Maire

Like mentioned above, if the phone is unlocked, or came from Telus or Koodo it should work.

However, if it came from another carrier, it will have to be unlocked. Locked phones set to another carrier will not work on PM

I managed to find the IMEI number on the back of my phone, but really appreciate your help!

I managed to find the IMEI number on the back of my phone, but really appreciate your help!