cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMEI Checker

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Here at Public Mobile, you bring your own phone and activate it using a Public Mobile SIM card. While we don’t sell phones, there are a number of ways you can get a phone that suits your needs. You just need to make sure that your phone is unlocked and compatible with our Canada-wide 4G LTE network. 

Your phone should work on our network, if your phone specifications match the following bands:

•  For 3G use (UMTS/HSPA): 850MHz/1900MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 1700MHz/2100MHz bands
  •  For 4G/LTE use: 700 MHz band

You can check whether your phone will work on our network by entering your IMEI number here Instructions on how to obtain your IMEI number are also provided in the link.

Before you do that, we want you to know that the IMEI Checker is meant as a reference only – it isn’t 100% accurate due to the wide variety of phones on the market, and Public Mobile cannot guarantee service on a particular phone. Feel free to let us know if you find a discrepancy with the IMEI checker.

Note: If the IMEI checker reports your phone as lost or stolen, contact the source that you got the phone from, to determine why this is happening. A phone that is reported as lost or stolen can't be activated on the Public Mobile network.

14 REPLIES 14

@BikerRay wrote:

It should be fine, as it handles 3G. I was just pointing out that the IMEI checker doesn't seem to work.

Fine. Thank you.

BikerRay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It should be fine, as it handles 3G. I was just pointing out that the IMEI checker doesn't seem to work.

@BikerRay wrote:

The IMEI checker has not been working for a day. I get the message: "Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen. The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later."

What do you need exactly?? If you need your IMEI dial *#06# and you will have your IMEI. If you need to check the compatibility of your phone you can go here...willmyphonework.net

BikerRay
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The IMEI checker has not been working for a day. I get the message: "Your device has not been reported as lost or stolen. The Network Compatibility check cannot be performed at this time. Please try again later."

xxJDxx
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

The IMEI checker is telling me that my iPhone 6S is not supported. 

I'm almost certain this is wrong. Can anyone verify? 

benwarez
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
The only thing I'm sure of following my usage of the Tool is that : it provides 50% accuracy regarding Phone Compatibility and 50%s regarding Lost/Stolen phones issues

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^IMEI checker and what you suggest are pretty much the same thing. It is simply a very basic tool and is not 100% accurate so I won't count on it.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Besides using an IMEI checker, you may want to visit willmyphonework.net , to see if your phone is compatible with PM's network.

Good luck!

David
Good ol' Google search with exact make and model (and I really mean EXACT)

What you want is compatibility with HSPA 3G networks operating on 850 and 1900 MHz freqs. Also called UMTS and WCDMA (not to be confused with CDMA).

Disregard GSM 850/1900 as this applies to old 2G networks.

Charanth182

What would you suggest for figuring out compatibility? 

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
Imei checker is simply a very basic till, I wouldn't count on it. There are billions of imei out there so its hard to make it as accurate as possible

Charanth182

Friendly Suggestion to public mobile:

It appears (at least to me)  that the imei checker only loads once you've signed up.  (I tried to access it on four different device/browser combinations,  then signed up and it suddenly loaded).  It doesn't say so on the page,  in fact it's implied based on order of get started that it's the first thing before signing up you should do. 

If it intended this way it should say so.  Else I think I have encountered a glitch of some sort. 

Also, just Curious. Does Dave Jarvis, Alain B, MG and the others from Old PM Community still work for PM? PM doesn't feel complete yet w/o them too. Also, wish Alek Krstajic, the Founder of PM 7 yrs ago, can offer a holler, He definitely created an Kicking awesome Carrier, He deserves our Thanks for Starting the New Era of Telecommunications.

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Lachlan, need to Ask this: The IMEI Checker Thing, how Reliable is it, compared to the Old Public Mobile website? Some PPL have encountered false positive readings.

Just Curious. Must Admit, Love New Website. I was A Fool to Doubt it before Seeing and Interacting with this Wonderful Website. Hope to Hear back. So far, A Wonderful Carrier, Telus certainly is Looking out for the Client. Also, Need to Ask these if you have some answer:

If I need a Handset, and I wanted to buy Moto X 2nd Gen, or Nexus 6, Or iPhone6, example, Where exactly can I buy, Outright? Carriers and Best Buy/Future Shop don't sell to non clientele, unless we join and have to go on this ridiculous Contract or other Obstacle course, Its like we have to jump through hoops for a Phone of our Choice. Prepaid at Walmart, Best Buy/Future Shop, selections are Depressing 😞 and Me on one hand wouldn't want to be stuck with Moto G 2014 models, or Flip Phones, Just wish Telus/Koodo can sell to us since its same company in end. Also, Really am Hoping to see Our Beloved SMS Premium Messaging Short Codes Be Brought Back to Life, Miss Those wonderful Offers like 7-11 Coffee or Food, Movie From that Ciniplex things too, I understand things are different, But, We all wish big and love to Live our Dreams, As Phonaholics who can't get enough, We want more. Wallet thing, How Old Public mobile CDMA had Wallet set up initially gave me that idea. Prepaid should be given a Chance to really Shine, Benefiting w. Postpaid like services. We can only Hope. My Experiences W. Postpaid was like Riding a Cab, Meter kept ticking, and Wallet felt Lighter. But Here, Prepaid would be Stable. We could Buy all our Fav Items like going Grocery Shopping, and Never having to worry about Postpaid again. Public Mobile should usher in This New Era, I really hope Public mobile will be the first, and Offer these and demonstrate that we at Public Mobile can do it even better. Thanks

Need Help? Let's chat.