cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to shift to Public Mobile

zammi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to know how I can shift from my present operator to public mobile and keep my phone number.

9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cbx4evr wrote:

This thread is only 4 1/2 years old and asks somewhat of a redundant question. 

If new customers find a thread and repeat the same question that the thread has then so be it. We're here to help. We can certainly inform the customer that um... read much??.. but still...

cbx4evr
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This thread is only 4 1/2 years old and asks somewhat of a redundant question. 

ashhiscock
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

you absolutely can.

And its very easy to do. Just Order a public mobile SIM from the site or any store that would sel them (walmart) and when you receive it, you can go online and activate. During that process it will ask if you want to transfer your number. Select Yes to this and follow the directions. i did it and the whole activation took 7 minutes

You would need to purchase a PM sim and port (transfer) your current phone# over.  You would need to keep your current account open with your provider during the porting process.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lisawang wrote:

@zammi wrote:

I want to know how I can shift from my present operator to public mobile and keep my phone number.

You can do this in Change Phone Number in the self-serve from almost all providers.

Lisawang
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@zammi wrote:

Martin
Legend
Legend
Remember that, before porting your number to PM, you will need a PM SIM card.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Regarding your number, it's most likely that you can keep it, especially if you have no unpaid bills with your current carrier.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Look for PM's search engine. On the mobile version, it's identified with a magnifying glass next to it.

Enter "porting" without quotation marks, and look for the long post by Lachlan_M, a PM employee. It has all the information that you need.

If you are switching from Koodo, you may run into difficulties because Telus, Koodo and PM share the same server space.

Welcome to Public Mobile!

Need Help? Let's chat.