cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I transferred my number from Speak Out to Public yesterday.

fsm7268
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

about an hour later, I can dial out. But, I can't receive any texts or calls. call display shows my number is correct. It seemed like only particially transferred. I sent 3 messages to Mod_team, but still not getting any responses or fixed. I think post here may help me get more attention. thanks for reading this. 

S

14 REPLIES 14

rsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@srlawrenThanks for the information! Greatly appreciated!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@rsa the outgoing voicemail greeting and any saved voicemail messages are stored at SpeakOut, and would be lost when moving to Public Mobile.  Please write down any important information from any stored voicemail messages before porting the number to Public Mobile.  Once activated on Public Mobile, the voicemail box will be empty of any messages, and the outgoing message will need to be recorded again.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

rsa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm looking to do this for my mom. Glad to hear it works!

Just one question for you - what happened to your voicemail setup? Were you able to keep your existing greeting or did you have to create a new one? Were saved voicemails  deleted or saved?

ilukunjihazi
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How do I transfer Speakout phone number to Public mobile please let me know. Who do I call. I have phone and SIM card. The sim card is speakout one so what should I do next.

Thank you for your help.

Safi

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yay!! Welcome to PM! 🙂

Hopefully no more issues for you now but if any problems pop up you now know what to do.

fsm7268

Public Mobile here: Your transfer request has been completed successfully. Welcome to Public Mobile and thank you for joining us!

now it's complete. thanks everyone.

cheers

@fsm7268 wrote:

yes. I knew speak out account number is the phone number. but I dont know why it is only particially ported. So frustrated.

@fsm7268

The way I understand it from my own port from SpeakOut is that, while SpeakOut uses your phone number like an account number, you can't put the phone number into the account field. Their system requests IMEI and PIN. If you don't remember that information you have to call SpeckOut's customer service.

fsm7268

yes. I knew speak out account number is the phone number. but I dont know why it is only particially ported. So frustrated.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

I have read a lot of cases with failed port out from speakout.  They don't use an account number, the phone number is the account number.  With porting, there are no mulligans available to the customer.  Data entry error will block the process.  Anyway, the moderator should be able to resubmit the port.  

fsm7268

you probably right. when I switched my speak out sim to public sim, my phone still showing speak out service. why is it not complete? Hope they can fix it soon. thanks for your reply.

@fsm7268 If your speak out sim is still working, it means the port did not go through due to some error or it might just be in process and can take upto a few hours to complete. Wait for the mods to look into this. They will get back to you shortly. 

fsm7268

when I call my number from home phone said the number you dialed not available. when I text people, it was sent out but they dont receive any and I dont receive any text from them either. So frustrated.

fsm7268

thanks a lot. I have sent all the info they needed. No reply from private messages yet. I guess they are just too busy. 

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@fsm7268, it sounds like you have a port that is stuck in the process.  I read you have contacted the MODS but I will include in my post what information they will require to help you out.

To send a private message to a moderator click this link.
In your message please include:
  • PM Phone Number
  • 4 digit PIN (if you don't remember this then they will need at least 3 of the following to verify your identity)
    • account number 
    • date of birth
    • complete address listed on account with postal code
    • email address on account
    • most commonly called numbers
    • alternate number listed on the account
    • last payment date and amount
    • last 4 digits of the credit card
  • Detailed explanation
Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am(Eastern) to 9pm(Eastern) and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am(Eastern) to 7:30pm(Eastern)

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.