cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I switch to public mobile from fido and ported my old number but got new number

aalazem
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have switched to public mobile yesterday at night and chosen to port my old number. However, when I inserted the new number, I found that its a new number and its not even with public mobile but rather freedom?!

I can see that my old number has been taken down from Fido but still don't have it. 

I went to an authorized dealer and been told that I need to go online to fix it and he cants help me.  Please advise as I really don't know what to do.

Thanks 

11 REPLIES 11

TostitoLove

Good luck resolving this. The Moderators here are very helpful. I've had three numbers ported from Freedom and they were activated within minutes so this is very strange.

aalazem

I already did msg them ... thanks 

aalazem

Thanks for trying to help 

I bought a sim card from public mobile online and when I received it I activated the new sim online and asked to port my fido number on it. The new "public mobile" sim got activated but with a new number. However, I can see that my fido number that I asked to be ported disappeared from my fido account which means they did approve the porting request. 

You’re saying it’s a freedom number, is it a freedom card you’ve activated?  You’re really not providing clear information to us, we are just customers, trying to assist as best. We can.

Did you activate in store?  At home?

Did you write a message to the moderator?? @aalazem

aalazem

I have tried to change my number to the old one using the self-serve but got an error message telling me its not possible.

Can you go on your self serve account @aalazem????

@aalazem Where do you see that your number is with freedom and can you phone or text????

aalazem

the new sim is activated but with a new number (even though I asked for my old number to be ported) . what's even more bizarre that the new number is with freedom. not even public mobile. 

I need my old number activated on the new sim and working as public mobile not freedom?

krazykiwi
Mayor / Maire

@aalazem wrote:

I have switched to public mobile yesterday at night and chosen to port my old number. However, when I inserted the new number, I found that its a new number and its not even with public mobile but rather freedom?!

I can see that my old number has been taken down from Fido but still don't have it. 

I went to an authorized dealer and been told that I need to go online to fix it and he cants help me.  Please advise as I really don't know what to do.

Thanks 

Hi,

Although what you wrote is confusing I believe you might have a stuck port. 

Is anything on your phone working, text in/out, calls in/out and data if you have that in your plan?

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@aalazem did you go in your self serve account to see if your account is active? 

Can you use your phone??

If it's a failed port you will need to write a message to the moderator...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and explain what happened...

Need Help? Let's chat.