cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I receive texts and calls but when I send out, it comes through to others as a different number

LGreen
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I receive texts and calls but when I send out it comes through to others as a different number

9 REPLIES 9

@LGreen wrote:

Yes I ported the number last night..... everything incoming is fine; it’s outgoing comes from a different number. 

You have an incomplete port on your hands.  So you need to reach out to the moderator team to have the port resubmitted.  The moderator team can be reached via private message using using smartforms which is initiated by clicking on the ? on the lower right corner of the webpage or try using this link. The guided process will facilitate documentation of the issue or concern and the required resolution which will be submitted to the moderator team. Refer to this announcement link for additional details on smartforms and the ticketing system for moderator team interactions. Refer to the following knowledge base article for additional information on the moderator team.

LGreen

Yes I ported the number last night..... everything incoming is fine; it’s outgoing comes from a different number. 

maxdrew

Hello , 

Did you poted your number over from another service.If yes it might not have ported over completely.

I suggest try solution in this thread 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Self-Serve/Number-porting-problem/td-p/297491

or take out the sim and put in back again. 

Regards ,

Max

@LGreenTry your SIM card in another phone.. ideally a newly erased phone and see if the error persists. If it is Public Mobile's issue only the moderators can deal with that.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@LGreen, by chance did you submit a number port?  In progress porting can sometimes create interesting outcomes with messed up phone numbers.

wingin
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you just port a number from another carrier?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Send a text and a phone call to a different couple friends to confirm.

LGreen

Yes I checked already..... it’s weird but everywhere I look in the self serve account it’s the right number. 

clexxi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Did you try logging into self-serve and make sure your number is the correct number listed for the account? That’s where I would start. 

Need Help? Let's chat.