cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased an add on

Joanne1970
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchase and add on about 3 and a 1/2 hours ago still haven't received it and fed up with the service I would like to have my add on put on and if there's any way I can get my $30 back if not I will go one more month but I will be switching companies

21 REPLIES 21

@Anonymous wrote:

@RosieR wrote:

@Joanne1970 wrote:

Thank you. You were of great help and much nicer than Rosie. 😁

LOL so true and much more 😂😂😂

So there ya go @RosieR . 🙂

200w.gif_cid=82a1493beethrykzy412tvk05q7f45iadxhtgexrejzkmz8s&rid=200w

Anonymous
Not applicable

@RosieR wrote:

@Joanne1970 wrote:

So there ya go @RosieR . 🙂

@Joanne1970 wrote:

Joanne1970

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanne1970 : Generally there are no refunds at prepaid providers but you could nicely ask the moderators if they can remove the add-on and credit back the $5 explaining that you misunderstood how all the counters worked.

Joanne1970

I did not know that. Am I able to get my money back and take back the data I bought

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanne1970 : You have about 730MB of your 2GB bucket of plan data left. And then your additional 200MB add-on bucket.

Edit: That's your phone counter. The counter on the overview page is the real thing. You need to reset the date on your phone each time your plan renews. Plans here are 30 days...not a month.

And...your phone is telling what it thinks you've used...not what you have left.

Joanne1970

@Joanne1970 STOP POSTING IMAGES OF YOUR ACCOUNT!  The image you posted contains personal info.  Click the 3 tiny dots on top right of your post and delete the image.

@Moderator_Team - thank you for quick response.

Joanne1970

Its telling me I only have 3mb left. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanne1970 : Seems you bought the 200MB data add-on. Did your data work before? You have lots of plan data available. Why did you buy the data add-on? Did you restart your phone? Did you turn on mobile data?

Joanne1970

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanne1970 : Maybe restart the phone.

Maybe post a screensnip of your overview page and maybe also your Payment history from here (not payment card).

Maybe also Plan Details.

Blank out personal info of course.

@Joanne1970 wrote:

I had the money in my account. I had 35$  and now I only have 30. They are quick to take my money but won't give me what I paid for 

Hi @Joanne1970 if the suggestions given to you by fellow customers above did not solve your issue/problem, please contact the moderators.

Two ways to contact the moderators:

• Faster way – Click the chat bubble at the bottom right of the page or click this link  >> type “talk to human" >> "account-specific question" >> "no, I need a human now" >> Click here to submit a ticket!
  • Slower way – Send a private message to the Moderators_Team here.  You have to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work. 

It may take up to 48 hrs (faster response these days) to receive a reply from the moderators.  Keep an eye on the envelope icon on top right for a number to pop up. That would be the moderator’s reply. 

Please keep us posted

RosieR

Joanne1970

I had the money in my account. I had 35$  and now I only have 30. They are quick to take my money but won't give me what I paid for 

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Joanne1970 

If you followed the 2 steps process outlined by @Triguy and @HALIMACS .

You will need to contact a moderator by clicking on the SIMon Chat bubble and ask to contact a moderator.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Joanne1970 wrote:

I purchase and add on about 3 and a 1/2 hours ago still haven't received it and fed up with the service I would like to have my add on put on and if there's any way I can get my $30 back if not I will go one more month but I will be switching companies

@Joanne1970 

It certainly seems you haven't had a great go of Public Mobile, looking back to your initial post in September 2020.

Perhaps you may need to consider whether you're on the best plan for your calling & data requirements?

Public Mobile has just reverted back to it's prior pricing for Canada-wide plans and have made the upper echelon selection of plans more attractive with added data.

Have a look at the Plans section under the Shop tab above and peruse the available plans - if the add-on you were seeking was for added data, perhaps you may need to consider switching to a higher data plan so you won't have to worry about using your allotment.

If you're willing to give things another chance, here’s the process for changing plans, first login to Self Serve to this screen:

Then, click Change Plan:

HALIMACS_0-1618332269725.png

Then select desired Plan:

HALIMACS_1-1618332269716.png

Then choose Change on Next Renewal Date:

HALIMACS_2-1618332269707.png

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Joanne1970  What add-on are you trying to buy for $30. If data, it's may be less expensive to renew your current plan early; especially $40+ plans. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

It is a two step process to purchase add-ons.  You need to add it and then purchase it.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add-Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@Joanne1970 Buying an addon is a 2 step process. First, you add funds to account, and then actually buy addon. Did you do both steps?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Joanne1970 : Yeah it's a pretty non-intuitive 2 step process. You probably see at least the $30 in your Available Funds. Go back and "re"-purchase the add-on(s). Money needs to be in the account first.

Need Help? Let's chat.