cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased a public SIM and number , but my incoming calls not working.

wahid123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

16 REPLIES 16

i was to suggest CS agent.. but people have been laughing me for asking too much.. and I guess I should even say too much

oops.. by the way.. i am answering your question .. did I tag you? 🤔

(and I can't believe you VIP member make this joke.. LoL)

@Luddite 

Lol...I can't believe no one even suggested contacting customer support. Someone--Surely missed this thread!😁

@wahid123 "didn't port from any other service , I just purchase a new SIM card and select new new from public mobile website and activated"

If you still have this glitch it suggests you have only partial activation, so you likely need assistance from the moderators.

To get a ticket click https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html and enter your question into SIMon.  Invent prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear. Click it then login and pick the topic, if needed, from the drop down menu. To confirm your ticket has been submitted, check the SENT box in your private messages; click the small envelope beside your avatar at top right on your screen.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@softech wrote:

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@softech wrote:

@wahid123 wrote:

I didn't port from any other service , I just purchase a new SIM card and select new new from public mobile website and activated it , now I can do messaging and outgoing calls but I can't get  incoming calls ?

You pick a new number from the list ?  

did you try calling that new number you picked from a landline (or another phone)?  

Where else would you pick a number from if you did not port? 

@CountyDownIeUk  I just want to confirm OP is really getting new number and not porting.

Incoming calls issue usually caused by porting

That had already been confirmed. 

But I also ask OP if he called the number.. you know why?  I just want to confirm if Telus did  give out an existing number to new user

Ohhhhh yes...I completely understood that !!! But since you left that part out would have the OP?

this is my style of helping user to troubleshooting together.  The question was not to ask you.  You can leave it if you do not like my style of helping user

This is my style to help the OP with a non informative response. 

@walker1  I apologize for  misread your reply  🙂

My reply wasn't for you or else I would have tagged you. If you didn't like it, you can just leave it alone.  That's my style.

No need for you to reply back 🙂

@walker1 wrote:

You can pick a new phone from the air, but it most definitely won't receive any calls.

@walker1  again this is my way of confirming user did not port number.  I understand user did said he didn't port , but no harm to confirm.   Only incoming calls not working usually is an issue with porting.  

But I also ask OP if he called the number..   I just want to confirm if Telus  give out an existing number to new user

@CountyDownIeUk wrote:

@softech wrote:

@wahid123 wrote:

I didn't port from any other service , I just purchase a new SIM card and select new new from public mobile website and activated it , now I can do messaging and outgoing calls but I can't get  incoming calls ?

did you try calling that new number you picked from a landline (or another phone)?  

@CountyDownIeUk  I just want to confirm OP is really getting new number and not porting.

Incoming calls issue usually caused by porting

But I also ask OP if he called the number.. you know why?  I just want to confirm if Telus did  give out an existing number to new user

this is my style of helping user to troubleshooting together.  The question was not to ask you.  You can leave it if you do not like my style of helping user

You can pick a new phone from the air, but it most definitely won't receive any calls.

@softech wrote:

@wahid123 wrote:

@wahid123 wrote:

@wahid123

Reboot your phone and then dial your phone number. Does it go to your voicemail or does it go to someone else's or does someone else pick up? Its possible you choose a number that was accidently released but is already in use by another telus/koodo/pm customer. If this is the case you will have to choose a new number by logging into your self serve account and clicking on change number. You can change your number up to 4 times every 30 days.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wahid123 

you can try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute,

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

and you can try to reset network settings and Changing APN Settings,
Spoiler
for IPhone

Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords,

or visit  Here link, 

and go Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click Here link, 

How to reset network settings on an Android device
  1. Open the Settings app on your Android.
  2. Scroll to and tap either "General management" or "System," depending on what device you have.
  3. Tap either "Reset" or "Reset options."
  4. Tap the words "Reset network settings."

or visit  Here link,

and go Changing APN Settings On Android device

click Here link,

Ensure you have the correct APN settings by visit Here link,

Select the brand and model of your phone, After doing so, you will be provided with the exact APNs required for your phone on our network.

and do Rebooting your phone,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

if you can't fix it you can test your SIM card in another device to you can know the issue from your SIM card network or your device.

Here’s how to contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,

• you need to send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link

• please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST
    • Note: For public mobile No Support by phone call or Email.. only by CS_Agentprivate message..

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck...

@wahid123 

You will have to put your old provider sim card back in your phone to reply YES to the PAT (porting authorization text) within 90 minutes of receiving it. If you are still within that time window because you just finished activating then do so. Otherwise call the telus porting department number that @softech sent you with your old provider's account # so you can have them reinitiate the port request.

Good luck and welcome to public mobile!

wahid123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@wahid123   

outgoing calls working and data working?

you activated and porting in your old number from another provider?  if so, did you reply the sms from our old provider to approve the porting within 90 mins?

I will message you the porting team number, you can call them for status update.  Please check your community inbox , envelop icon on top right

Need Help? Let's chat.