cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a moderator to contact me asap

AyoubIzzet
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I buy a poblic mobile plan, can I keep my old phone number?

15 REPLIES 15

@Judith56 wrote:

OMG I'm am so tired of this. I used to have an account on here under lxxxx@gmail.com. I tried to get password but it said forgotpassword bla blah blah and deactivated error. I accidentally closed out the page I was working on to create a new account and I had already picked a custom phone numbe xxx-xxx-xxxx but then closed out the page by accident after I was looking at plans. I actually want to use my pay as you go plan I purchased at the grocery store. I don't know how to do that, though I do have my receipt for it was the code. Though my problem now is locked out. I created a new account under xxxxxx@gmail.com though I would rather use the account I had under xxxxxx@gmail.com. That is the one that is deactivated, though I got my new phone number under it. Please helps asap. I'm tired of trying. You can reach me at xxx-xxx-xxxx or @x@gmail.com

How long ago did your last plan expire ? If it's been longer than 90 days, you'll need a new sim and start a new account.

This is a public forum so anyone can now see your very private information. Please delete is before you regret it.

attn:@Luddite 

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Judith56 Here’s how to contact the Moderator Team:

Moderators are available from Monday to Friday from 8AM to Midnight EST and from Saturday and Sunday from 8AM to 10PM PM EST.

Carniam
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Judith56 please remove yourself number and email, this is a public forum. Click the 3 dots and click edit reply

Judith56

OMG I'm am so tired of this. I used to have an account on here under leahjudith@gmail.com. I tried to get password but it said forgotpassword bla blah blah and deactivated error. I accidentally closed out the page I was working on to create a new account and I had already picked a custom phone numbe 289-deleted for security but then closed out the page by accident after I was looking at plans. I actually want to use my pay as you go plan I purchased at the grocery store. I don't know how to do that, though I do have my receipt for it was the code. Though my problem now is locked out. I created a new account under deleted for security @gmail.com though I would rather use the account I had under deleted for security @gmail.com. That is the one that is deactivated, though I got my new phone number under it. Please helps asap. I'm tired of trying. You can reach me at 905-deleted for security 

opgiri2k3

Hi, I am a new user too but I wanna see if I can help you out. What's the issue?

@Hkarp007  as long as it doesn't involve accessing your account, we can help you here. What's the ptoblem? If its account related. There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  Stay safe. 

Welcome to PM .

@Hkarp007 hi actually you contact them, click on the ? bottom right corner ask Simon the bot to speak to a human,this will generate a ticket to speak to a moderator good luck    Is there anything we can help you with here in the community?

Hkarp007

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@AyoubIzzet hi when you sign up you can use the live chat for assistance https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/ab/plans  stay safe 

@AyoubIzzet you will need to unlock your phone and a bill with all the account details. you can do the port over yourself.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@AyoubIzzet wrote:

If I buy a poblic mobile plan, can I keep my old phone number?

@AyoubIzzet  Yes you can.

To get started click here.

Edit: Also make sure your phone is unlocked before activating with Public Mobile. Call FIDO and ask them to unlock it.

Well then yes. You can port your number over @AyoubIzzet .

Here's 4 articles on activation and porting and the Refer a friend reward  if you need them:

1. What you require to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/what-you-need-to-activate
2.How to activate https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/activation-account-set-up
3.How to port https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/choose-your-phone-number
4. Refer a friend https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/the-refer-a-friend-reward

Please note your Fido account must be active to port your number.  It will automatically close when the port is complete. Stay safe. Welcome to PM. 

AyoubIzzet

FIDO

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@AyoubIzzet in general yes,  but it depends on your provider. Who is your current provider .Thanks. Stay safe 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@AyoubIzzetmost likely you can. who was your previous provider?

Need Help? Let's chat.