cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a human to contact me and get my services good

Vczarnecki
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just got this active a week ago for unlimited texting and calling but im not receiving any texts or calls i need this fixed asap

30 REPLIES 30

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@iPhoneUser wrote:

@fujiyama wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:
Ahhhhhh do you have an iPhone?????

No, I'm not using one currently but the OP isn't either? Did I say something wrong? lol

No...sorry. I assumed the OP had an iPhone because @gblackma called me in for some help. 

Oh I see, no worries Robot LOL

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
Set Up Data On An Android Phone Here’s how to set up data in 3 steps:1) Tap:
  • Settings
  • More
  • Access Point Names
  • New APN Settings
2) Input this info:3) Leave all the other fields blank. Just hit save, and you’re good to go!

iPhoneUser

@fujiyama wrote:

@iPhoneUser wrote:

No, I'm not using one currently but the OP isn't either? Did I say something wrong? lol

No...sorry. I assumed the OP had an iPhone because @gblackma called me in for some help. 

fujiyama

@iPhoneUser wrote:

iPhoneUser

@fujiyama wrote:

If all settings are correct adding the "i" may not help because that might be an apple specific thing. Give it a try anyways and see what happens.

Ahhhhhh do you have an iPhone??????

fujiyama

If all settings are correct adding the "i" may not help because that might be an apple specific thing. Give it a try anyways and see what happens.

Have you tried turning off the phone, take sim card out, then waiting a few minutes before re-inserting the sim, and restart your phone.

Vczarnecki

Screenshot_20200203-131856_Settings.jpg

Vczarnecki

@iPhoneUser lmao bro yea i missing the i 😂

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Vczarnecki wrote:

I just got this active a week ago for unlimited texting and calling but im not receiving any texts or calls i need this fixed asap

On the other hand, check if you are getting calls/texts from friends on Telus/Koodo/Public Mobile, but not from friends who are with other carriers like Bell or Rogers.

If calls/texts from certain carriers are not coming through, then you'll have to contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

@Vczarnecki 

First confirm with that your friends that they are contacting you via your phone number and they are not trying to contact your via your email.

Ask them to manually enter your phone number when they are trying to text or call you. What happens?

If they are sending you MMS, you should still receive it on your phone but you will need to enable mobile data to be able to read the content of those MMS messages.

iPhoneUser

@gblackma wrote:

Calling @iPhoneUser your help is appreciated here.

@Vczarnecki wrote:

Yea my data is turned on and everything and yea they will receive my calls and texts and i will receive calls and texts from people with androids but when it comes to iphone they will get my texts and calls but i still wont get their texts and how do i change my APN?

Tap theAPN field and make sure it is same as per pic. Most likely the “i” is missing.  

Are you texting to a phone number or to an email address? Are your text bubbles BLUE or GREEN?

37D5BBB1-F910-4219-800B-03A64B8816A5.jpeg

@gblackma wrote:

@Vczarnecki , @DinoFlint Use @CannonFodder 's linkhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#M41

Although it's accessible, your link isn't clickable..... probably because you don't have a space between it, and the previous word. That, and your link is for changing settings in an iPhone, but the OP is using, IIRC, an S9.....

@Vczarnecki , @DinoFlint Use @CannonFodder 's linkhttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/iPhone-Update-and-APN-settings/m-p/1610#M41

Vczarnecki

@CannonFodder funny enough i just checked and everything is the same as on that link

Vczarnecki

Yea i never had a problem with telus with the same settings or anything ran pretty good

DinoFlint
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Did you have no problems recieiving messages with your previous provider, using the same phone with the same settigs? 

Calling @iPhoneUser your help is appreciated here.

@Vczarnecki wrote:

Yea my data is turned on and everything and yea they will receive my calls and texts and i will receive calls and texts from people with androids but when it comes to iphone they will get my texts and calls but i still wont get their texts and how do i change my APN?

Vczarnecki

Really ?? Wth man im wondering if its because of the sim card or something 

Vczarnecki

DinoFlint
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm brand new to this provider, but so far I'm getting all the messages regardless from what kind of phones the other parties are using 

fujiyama

iMessages not coming through could be because of MMS, do you have data turned on? MMS does not consume data but needs data to be on. If data was set to on, it may be an APN problem, check your APN settings to make sure they're correct.

Also, are all your calls in/out working now?

Vczarnecki

Heres the thing most of them did have that on 

@Vczarnecki wrote:

So i kinda figured out the reason on why i wasnt getting messages or calls from certain people and i believe its because i have a samsung s9+ and most of the people that i contact are for work and use iphones with imessages i put it to the test as well i had two friends one with an android and one with an iphone message me at the same time i received a text from my friend with the android but my friend with the iphone i didnt get their message is there a solution to that or is it just a bug?

I THINK it's probably that your friend(s) with iPhones need to turn on SMS in the settings of iMessage.

Vczarnecki

So i kinda figured out the reason on why i wasnt getting messages or calls from certain people and i believe its because i have a samsung s9+ and most of the people that i contact are for work and use iphones with imessages i put it to the test as well i had two friends one with an android and one with an iphone message me at the same time i received a text from my friend with the android but my friend with the iphone i didnt get their message is there a solution to that or is it just a bug?

JenL

@Vczarnecki  I've needed assistance before and first step is contacting a MOD by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right. Once you tell them what you're dealing with they can help by giving any answers. Next step would be submitting a ticket to talk to a human. I've had timely responses, I've as well have been warned wait times could take up to 24 hours. My problems have been solved way sooner than that. Good luck!

kelvarnsen

Depends on the demand, but last time I put a ticket in I had a reply in under 40 minutes.

Vczarnecki

How long does it take for them to message you 

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@Vczarnecki  As @Triguy  is pointing out, that's the only way you're going to get a human to contact you. Once you've gone the route to contact a Moderator, check your Private Messages(the little envelope icon, near the top, right of the screen) for a response.

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you are having trouble with your services, the next step is to contact a moderator. Here is the link to create a ticket through SIMon: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help   -> Click on Chat with Simon on the line "ask me something" write "moderator" -> then click on "account specific question" -> afterward click on "no, I want a human" -> finally you will see an answer "submit a ticket Click me!"

Need Help? Let's chat.