cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need a PM moderator to help me complete my number porting.

FrankNitti
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hi, I'm new to PM. I need a moderator to help complete my number port in. Thank You.
7 REPLIES 7

JohnG

Interestingly, the French  version of the PM site does NOT have a box to  check to say that I am authorized to transfer the number.  The English side of selfserve.publicmobile.ca is not currently working - something that seens to happen a lot, judging from the Community conversations.

When I enter my old number, I get a message saying that it is not possible to transfer the number - try another number! I only have one... or none, at present, since I am in limbo. My PM SIM does not work, and my old one can't be transferred....

adampellerine

Hi, I've been stuck in a porting loop with no way to contact PM directly. Apparently my porting was rejected when activating even though everything else appeared to be working fine. Calling fido to confirm cancellation they said i was still active with them. Just want to keep my number and move forward but havnt heard back from pm by in over a week after emailing them. When i try to port over number option in change phone number it says having trouble processing - get in contact with pm. Please help. Currently paying for two plans while this happens

FrankNitti
Hi. My Thanks to @Shazia_K as my number has been successfully ported to the Public Mobile family. Thank You, Cheers.📱👍🍻

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Thanks for the additional info, @FrankNitti.  

You are correct, it sounds like your port request is hung.  You will need to send a private message to @Shazia_K with:

- your PM SIM card number

- your Chatr account number

- your Chatr phone number you want to port

- your name exactly as it shows on your Chatr bill/account

She should be able to re-request the port for you.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

FrankNitti
I'm porting my number from Chatr-Mobile. My email address used with Chatr-Mobile is different then the one I registered with Public Mobile. I know inputed the correct information regarding porting questions. With my PM sim card. Data & Text work. I cannot receive incoming calls because my number is still active with Chatr-Mobile which is supposed to cancel that account once port went thru. Power-Cycled my phone many times already. I need a port reset, I guess. I get error message, please contact Public Mobile for assistance.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Hi @FrankNitti, welcome to PM!

Have you tried porting and were unsuccessful?  OR, are you a Telus/Koodo customer, and didn't try due to the message you noticed during activation?

If the latter, you should be able to do the port yourself without problem.  

If you're a Telus customer, skip to the next step.  If you're a Koodo customer, then sign into your Koodo self-serve account, and make sure it has a different email address on file than the one you used when you activated your PM account.  If they are the same, then change the Koodo email address to an alternate.  (Use a free gmail.com or outlook.com address if you don't have an alternate already).  

Now, sign into your PM self-serve account, go to Plans and Adds Ons, then click on Change Phone Number, and tell if you want to bring over an existing number.

You should see a box to enter the number you want to port, and a button to check it.  Before you click the button, first make sure you check the checkbox underneath that says you are authorized.  Now click the button.

In the next step, it will ask for some info.  Enter your Telus or Koodo account number, enter an alternate number where you can be reached if needed (a home phone number, a work number, spouse's number, parent's number, anything other than your own number), and finally enter your name exactly as it appears on your Koodo or Telus account.  I recommend you leave the other boxes blank.

Please go ahead and try and let us know if it worked, or you encountered any errors.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

neilselden
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Hi @FrankNitti,

A port in can take up to a couple of hours.  Has it been that long already?

Either way, make sure you:

1) power off the phone

2) remove the SIM card and re-insert after 1 minute

3) power back on

Just in case it's been that long (or longer), and you have done the power cycle, I'll go ahead and flag a moderator right now.  @Shazia_K, one of our new members may need your assistance.

Welcome to PM!

Cheers,

Neil

Need Help? Let's chat.