cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm trying to pay my account with my credit card.. it doesn't work

lwydnjd
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've been trying to pay my bill through my credit card from Korea.

The website has been telling me that it cannot confirm the information of my card.

I suspect if it's because it's from Korea.

Anyways, right now my account has been suspended and I have no plan

what should i do?

8 REPLIES 8

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@lwydnjd  Are you trying to pay with a Canadian credit card while in Korea? Or youre in Canada trying to pay with a card from Korea? If the latter then get a voucher....ones from Shell stations and London drugs are immediately loadable if your in Korea get a friend or family member to buy one for you and send you the pin/redemption # so you can enter it on your account.

You can also use recharge.com to buy credits. They take Paypal and other payment methods. So maybe your credit card works through PayPal??

Screenshot_20200114_172058_com.android.chrome.jpg

fujiyama
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Assuming you don't have another (Canadian) credit card you can use, the fastest way to restore your plan is to go buy a payment voucher and top up your account.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

I have never used this. But Recharge https://www.recharge.com/en/canada/public-mobile-top-up?aid=125&gclid=CjwKCAiA6vXwBRBKEiwAYE7iS2Ua-I...

This seems to be an international site to buy prepaid card refills for PM.

@lwydnjd wrote:

The website has been telling me that it cannot confirm the information of my card.

what should i do?

It's a Canadian Credit card, yes?

I'm not sure if there is any issue with doing this from Korea, but here are a couple of things to keep in mind.

Your address must match the billing address of the credit card exactly. Don't use the Apt. #/Unit # field. Use a 6 character postal code (X1X1X1), no space. Don't use special characters like # or &.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@lwydnjd wrote:

what should i do?

You can purchase a payment voucher (see instructions here)

or go to recharge.com to top-up (they do charge a small fee).

See link below.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/pay-for-your-services-online

We accept credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express) and Visa Debit cards that have been issued by Canadian or American financial institutions and are associated with addresses in Canada or the U.S. If you are using a payment card, leave the apartment/suite number in the payment information section blank

TatianaD
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have just updated my credit card information from Mexico. So far, there was no issues. The payment is due tomorrow. I will double check tomorrow then

Need Help? Let's chat.