cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm looking forward for a better plan!

Flo777
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

can I get a better plan with more data for the same amount? or I'm looking forward to move on for a better company

17 REPLIES 17

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Flo777 wrote:

sorry I didn't mention that my current plan is based on 12gb data/90 days unlimited text messages and call Canada 

@Flo777 are you looking for more data or less $ per period?  Is your current plan 12GB of throttled "3G" data, or is it full-speed LTE?  I know you're not on the 2016 Fall Promo plan since your calling is Canada-wide and that plan only included province-wide. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Flo777  You may want to switch over to one of these 30 day plans.

With Autopay, you're looking at

- 5 GB of 3G data for $38 monthly.

- 1.5 GB of 3G data for $33 monthly.

- Or 1 GB of 3G data for $23 monthly.

Don’t expect a 90-day plan.  Unfortunately, Public Monile has degraded these so in some cases, they are not even cost savings over 3x30-day plans.

Im current’y On a similar plan at 90-days with 12 GB.  I’m interested in the $25 plan, as it’s a 30 day payment instead of the 90, and I don’t use all my data.

baby08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

pm has variety of plans it depends on you what plan is suit to you. are you looking for data plan or no data plan 

Flo777

sorry I didn't mention that my current plan is based on 12gb data/90 days unlimited text messages and call Canada 

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

There are regional prepaid carriers who offer more data  plans and more perks for less then the competition but they always end up more expensive then PM. No carriers offer the rewards the same way PM does to lower monthly cost.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Flo777 wrote:

can I get a better plan with more data for the same amount?

@Flo777 yes.  or no.  I failed my clairvoyance class in University so unfortunately my ability to psychically read your mind for the current plan details you haven't provided is very weak.

@Flo777 wrote:

or I'm looking forward to move on for a better company

@Flo777 yeah you can do that.  Have you found a better plan elsewhere?  Do tell!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your on a low data plan and want more data you can get more data. At first you will be paying more then your current plan. Over time with rewards you may pay the same or less then current report. It will take time but in the end your monthly cost will go down.

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Flo777 wrote:

can I get a better plan with more data for the same amount? or I'm looking forward to move on for a better company

That extorion tactic works on big carriers who are in a competitive market who actually care about retention. Telus owns Public Mobile and Koodo. Even Telus themselves tries to get people off PM to Koodo. Sorry to say that Public Mobile doesn't do the "snowflake" packages. Everyone is treated the same once they are a client and their retention program is the longer you are with the company the more of a discount you get (caps after 5 years). Your better company options likely will be Telus/Koodo, Bell/Virgin/Lucky (same towers as Telus/Koodo/PM),  Rogers/Fido/Chatr/Cityfone or Freedom? From a cursory look and not knowing what plan you are on it looks like PM is either the same price or offers more data for the same or lower price. If you are planning on threatening the company to leave if they don't give you free stuff, your best would be likely Telus, Bell or Rogers as those are the parent companies (which are also their most expensive services) as they have the margins and the retention staff to deal with snowflakes. Unfortunately, any deal they offer you likely will still be more expensive than their sub-brands because of the initial higher price of the service. Good luck! Just remember porting will likely take up to half a day and you won't be refunded for any unused service here.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Flo777 

This is a public forum. We are also customers just like you.

If you would like to elaborate on your current plan and usage, we may be able to suggest a better suited plan.

Jadebug
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Flo777 wrote:

Public mobile has very competitive prices, but depending on how much data you need, your location, and if you want LTE or 3G speeds, prices can vary quite a bit.

Public mobile, however, has a large and reliable network. So coverage wise, I don't think there is much better. 

cool_beans

If you look for deals, you can sometimes get the same plan for a bit cheaper, or switch to a better plan for the same price. I was on the $30 plan, and they had a promotion on for the same plan for $25. Made the switch! Just keep your eyes open. You're already getting great deals 🙂

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@Flo777 wrote:

You can have a look here https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/qc/plans  to see all the plan available or you can decide to built your own plan...

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Flo777 wrote:

Care to elaborate on what plan you are on, how long you've been with Public Mobile etc. I would be easier to help with more information.

Public Mobile does not have a retention centre - what you see on the Plan Page is what everybody has access to.

As a current customer you need to go into your self serve account and do a future dated plan change to your new plan, even if it's the same price. If you do an immediate plan change you will loose any remaining services on your current plan and there are no refunds for unused portions of your plan.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Flo777 wrote:

Check the plans available at the PM website https://www.publicmobile.ca and make your decision.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile already has the lower priced plans.  What price point were you looking for?  

One major advantage of Public Mobile is no contract, prepaid, so customers can leave at anytime for better deals.  

Good luck finding better priced plans.....

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Flo777 wrote:

What plan do you have currently ?

Need Help? Let's chat.