cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm back!!!!

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Yo peeps, it's been a while since I ported over to Koodo - but guess who's back!!!

I moved my parents over to the $15 plans and so now you have to deal with me back on the boards.

Actually, this makes me think. This account is tied to my old phone number... do I need to create a new account to get things linked up?

Looks like much has changed!!!

11 REPLIES 11

@slash407 wrote:

do u notice any difference with koodo and PM?? with signal

Seriously?  Do you honestly think each carrier brand builds their own network or that there are restrictions on access to individual cell towers based on brand?  Get over it, every Telus customer regardless of which brand you go with enjoy the same coverage.  Please don't go circulating false information that there is a difference. 

@TheOldVR wrote:

Hey @will13am I thought the same but my plan actually includes a Medium tab and the deals are not bad!!

I'm not going to get the latest and greatest but recent deals include:

- iPhone 8, P20 Pro, or S9 for $150 upfront, $15 a month for 24 months and a $150 bill credit

- The S8 and P20 also went for $0 upfront, 15 for 24 months plus a $150 bill credit

Can't recall any others but I missed jumping on the P20 Pro/S9 deal and am waiting for it to come back around again.

From what I have read and discussed with other Koodo customers, the new cutoff is $50 for medium tab eligibility.  If you are paying less than $50/month, you will probably get hit with the tab downgrade soon.  Get something while the getting is still good. 

TheOldVR

@slash407- I'm pretty sure it's the same... kind of impossible to tell.

For example, today my Koodo phone had full bars, the PM phone had 3.

I bet you that could flip around tomorrow as I have seen full bars on the PM phone when it first activated earlier today.

Conclusion - to me it's the same... which would make sense.

TheOldVR

Hey @will13am I thought the same but my plan actually includes a Medium tab and the deals are not bad!!

I'm not going to get the latest and greatest but recent deals include:

- iPhone 8, P20 Pro, or S9 for $150 upfront, $15 a month for 24 months and a $150 bill credit

- The S8 and P20 also went for $0 upfront, 15 for 24 months plus a $150 bill credit

Can't recall any others but I missed jumping on the P20 Pro/S9 deal and am waiting for it to come back around again.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

do u notice any difference with koodo and PM?? with signal

Why would there be any difference in signal between Koodo and PM?  They both use the same Bellus network.  Same towers, same coverage.

@TheOldVR wrote:

Thanks @popping ...not sure I'll bother, but you never know - maybe I can be bit of help to others again!

@SD08- thanks mate!

@will13am- I fought missing y'all for this long and finally could not hold out anymore 😛

@computergeek541- yup I was!! My personal account is still over at Koodo.... I'm @ 8GB for $48ish a month with tax now which works for me. The phone deals make it worth it over at Koodo.

Anyhow - good to see the Oracles are still doin their thing, there's a ton of good info. in this site - even for non PM peeps!

Happy Sunday!

@TheOldVR , you do realize that a plan that's less than $50 per month won't be able to get good deals on anything other than burner phones?  

TheOldVR

Thanks @popping ...not sure I'll bother, but you never know - maybe I can be bit of help to others again!

@SD08- thanks mate!

@will13am- I fought missing y'all for this long and finally could not hold out anymore 😛

@computergeek541- yup I was!! My personal account is still over at Koodo.... I'm @ 8GB for $48ish a month with tax now which works for me. The phone deals make it worth it over at Koodo.

Anyhow - good to see the Oracles are still doin their thing, there's a ton of good info. in this site - even for non PM peeps!

Happy Sunday!

@TheOldVR wrote:

Yo peeps, it's been a while since I ported over to Koodo - but guess who's back!!!

I moved my parents over to the $15 plans and so now you have to deal with me back on the boards.

Actually, this makes me think. This account is tied to my old phone number... do I need to create a new account to get things linked up?

Weren't you a former Fall Promo 2016 customer? 

Welcome back.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Hey @TheOldVR  welcome back.  What took to so long to come back?

SD08

@TheOldVR wrote:

@TheOldVR 

Assuming you mean the community account, the only requirement in order to earn community rewards is to make sure your e-mail address on your community account matches the one on your new PM self-serve account.  You can change your community e-mail address here:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/user/myprofilepage/tab/personal-profile:email

Welcome back to PM.  Smiley Happy

popping

@TheOldVR wrote:

You can change you community account email address to match your parents account if you want to earn community reward for your parents.  If not, you can just use the same email address as is and ask questions.

Need Help? Let's chat.